PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
Has anyone considered what it would take to reprint this book? If its in public domain it can be copied. Not sure if it can be sold. I'd love to get a copy.

I have a couple of art books that were reprints. Had great information about how to draw certain things. Can't remember the author at the moment or the group that reprinted them.

Also there were a couple books that were reprinted by one of the wood magazines. They printed it in original olde English and proper English.

Basically told A story about an apprentice and the projects he worked through. Supposedly your supposed to be able to make the projects.

Any way everywhere I've looked they've been sold out.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
It was never a hard find so I’d imagine anyone who wanted a copy has one by now. I doubt it will be in the public domain anytime soon. A relative of one of the authors was selling reprints on eBay a few years ago. ?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Supposedly, a new updated edition is in the works. Copies can still be found from time to time on eBay. Just be aware that it is replete with omissions and errors. So do further research before taking anything in it as gospel. That said, I've found it a useful reference once I've verified its info elsewhere.

Reactions: philobeddoe

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

Based on the price in the link and past experience having books printed for me it's probably cheaper just to purchase an existing copy. Definitely faster.
It's about 50% more than I paid for my copy on eBay, pricey, but not crazy compared to other OOP books on pipes and tobaccos.

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
Is this book still useful? When trying to research some pipe brands, I hit a wall. Sometimes there would be just a picture, no information at all. Other times, absolutely nothing. But it might not be in the book either. I figure by now someone has put that information online. Maybe not.

If something is useful, I have no problem getting it. On the other hand, if the information is all ready online, then I'm spending money I don't need to.

If anyone has the book and knows if the information contained in it has been published online, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.