PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some context would aid this thread a good deal.

And—

Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Sorry. Thought I'd start an "inside" thread. I'm watching the Taurus pipe auction and there are several bidders whose paddle numbers I called out that seem to be interested in almost every item.

Reactions: ofafeather

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'm not either of those numbers but I did win my only bid so far.

I'm kinda hoping the rest of my intended targets stay off radar.

Reactions: ofafeather

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I was interested in a couple of pipes. However others are interested in the same two, so the prices went to a place where I really asked myself- Do I want to buy the pipe or keep the money.

I realized I wanted to keep the money. So I did not bid.

It’s a win-win ? I kept the money and the lucky bidder(s) will get the two pipes
If buying a pipe on the secondary market if it’s not close to half of retail I’m not overly interested

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Auctions are fascinating. I especially have liked classic (by the widest definition) automobile auctions, but others too. Yet, I have always felt auctions are all about the game theory of the auction and very little about the objects or livestock being shown. "The winner" is often not a winner at all, it is so easy to get caught up in the competition. A person steely enough to know exactly what they are looking at would buy very little, maybe one item, maybe none. Though some Forums members have done well on eBay. An auction is a set-up by the seller. Other kinds of sales situations, the buyer has a lot more choice in opportunity, timing, and terms.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Auctions are fascinating. I especially have liked classic (by the widest definition) automobile auctions, but others too. Yet, I have always felt auctions are all about the game theory of the auction and very little about the objects or livestock being shown. "The winner" is often not a winner at all, it is so easy to get caught up in the competition. A person steely enough to know exactly what they are looking at would buy very little, maybe one item, maybe none. Though some Forums members have done well on eBay. An auction is a set-up by the seller. Other kinds of sales situations, the buyer has a lot more choice in opportunity, timing, and terms.
eBay to me, nowadays, is more like a clearinghouse than a true auction.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
They show up when you click on live bid. You don't have to bid but you can see everything.

I thought I’d done that. I’m seeing all the bids flying across the screen and I’ve registered and been approved to bid.

Probably won’t be buying anything because nothing really tickles my fancy, but thought it’d be cool to see the paddle numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.