PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have Stanwell questions and am looking for answers that pipedia and pipephil doesn't answer.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
What time frame were they produced? Were these Sixteen Ivarsson created pipes (Shape numbers 30, 127, 214)? Do they have any collectible value?
Reg. No. ? Model? 30 I know (the Peewit shape), 127 I can find an image, 214 I'm a little hazy on. 30, and 127 are Sixten Ivarsson shapes.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Reg. No. ? Model? 30 I know (the Peewit shape), 127 I can find an image, 214 I'm a little hazy on. 30, and 127 are Sixten Ivarsson shapes.
I just noticed I transposed the numbers on the 214. It's a 124. Here's a photo of the three. Top is the 30, middle is the 127 and bottom is the 124.
Danish_Stars.jpg

Reactions: chopper

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Great chart, Don. We could put this thread in the Danish Pipes section, if we had one puffy. I would suggest that all members who feel the same way kindly request, nay, beg Kevin to create a new section for the Danish-obsessed.

Reactions: chopper and dmcmtk

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Great chart, Don. We could put this thread in the Danish Pipes section, if we had one puffy. I would suggest that all members who feel the same way kindly request, nay, beg Kevin to create a new section for the Danish-obsessed.
I agree. We need a Danish Pipe section.

Reactions: mau1 and dmcmtk

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Snag those babies!
They are in my possession for now. LOL. These and about 50 other pipes belong to woman who received them as part of her father-in-law estate. They have had them sitting around for almost 3 years and her husband told her to see what could or should be done with them. She contacted me because I'm the president of the New Orleans Pipe Club and I buy estates and restore them for my collection.

I like to research and learn about the pipes I restore. Once I clean them up and catalog them, I'll give her a list of approximate worth and the pipes so she can sell them. In return, I am getting three of the pipes (I'm getting a Castello Sea Rock and a Thomas Cristanio freehand.)

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Shape 30 is a classic. I also really like 124, I've chased a few on ebay. Wonderful smokers those old Stanwells, and also typically very light in weight.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Shape 30 is a classic. I also really like 124, I've chased a few on ebay. Wonderful smokers those old Stanwells, and also typically very light in weight.
When she starts selling them, I’ll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.