PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Hey Family,
Want to order some Depp Hollow by McClelland and wanted to get your take on it. I hear that it's some good stuff, but can't find a description on it. Again, just wanting some feedback on it.
Thank! :wink:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Hmm, red virginias, don't know that I have much experience with them. Definitely give us a review, might be something to pick up to try, maybe to cellar, maybe become a favorite some day and I won't get enough and then eveRYONE WILL WANT IT AND IT WILL BECOME MORE RARE THAN STONEHAVEN AND THEN WE WON'T BE ABLE TO FI...
No, no, stop, on...holy...oh...holy, holy cow...on second thought, if it's any good, we don't need to know...it's best that way actually...

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Never heard of red Va. before. Will defiantly have to look into this now. Thanks for the feedback guys! :clap:

Dec 24, 2012
I like Deep Hollow, but as Roth says, some people have a physical reaction to this such that it bites them like crazy (cigrmaster being a prime example). Try a small amount and see if it works for you.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I like the stuff. Not enough to cellar in large quantities, but I always make sure I have a couple of tins for when the mood strikes me.
FYI: "Red Va" is probably the most commonly used type of virginia leaf. If you've been smoking a pipe for very long and have smoked anything besides drugstore burleys or aromatics, you've almost certainly smoked some whether you realized it or not.
Deep Hollow is basically a light, virginia-based aromatic that's flavored with something akin to vanilla or pumpkin spice. It's a very unusual flavoring, and I think it's really tasty.
Don't expect this to be a bold or full smoke, however. McClelland products are usually very mild, and I'm not sure there's any nicotine in this stuff at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.