PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I have always thought that smoking was a social thing, but other than you all, I tend to smoke alone. I have tried to go to a couple pipe club meetings but I always seem to be busy when they meet. I like the b&ms around here but I've broke the last few months and I feel rude going to a place that I can't buy anything from. Anyone else in the same boat? If not who do you smoke with?

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I usually smoke with me, myself and I. I really enjoy their company. Sometimes I smoke with a friend when he visits from Portland, OR. However, I think the other three guys are friendler and better company.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
The usual gang
DSC00002-1.jpg
photo-1.jpg
Photo0180-1.jpg

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Almost all of my smoking is alone, there are no other pipe smokers that live around here. Many years ago, I had some cigar smokers that I would smoke with and we had a good time solving the world's problems as we fished or shot the BS. I have smoked in the Just For Him smoking lounge once but now Springfield, MO has passed a draconian smoking ordinance that doesn't allow for indoor smoking, even in tobacco shops. It's a damned shame, they had a nice place there and some very friendly company. I would love to belong to a pipe club if I lived near one.
Smokey

misternoah

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
I have a buddy I smoke cigars (or he's on a cigar and I'm on a pipe) with on a semi-regular basis. Other than that, I'm typically alone. I've only hung out at a B&M and smoked there once.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I smoke alone quite often, but i also smoke with my friend mike, I also smoke with my soc professor Mike 'doc' Garr, who many of you may know, and i am the VP of the Pocono Inter-mountain Pipe Enthusiasts. I enjoy doing both, smoking alone, and with others.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Usually just puff on my pipe on the front porch/patio. Sometimes my better half has a cup of tea as I puff on my pipe. Was going to a local pipe club, but school started up again and I have class on the night they meet. After this school year is over I'll more than likely get back to the club.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
One of the best things about the local Pipe Club is that I have someone to smoke with at least once a month.
Usually I'm alone... or with one of my imaginary friends. :puffy: Like Mr. Puffy here.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
alone sometimes my friend will smoke with me but if it drops below 50 the wont step foot out he door unless its for a cig. some times I will go to stag and hang out with the cigar smokers there seems to be a few pipers in there more often than not. But I only co when i can buy a small bag of bulk but they don't see to mind if I don't buy anything.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I'm fairly certain I'm the only person on this base who has a pipe. I've been laughed at by some of the younger guys for it but they'll come around...they always do. One of my drinking buddies back in TX is also my pipe smoking buddy (and is the one who got me into it in the first place). We either smoke on the porch or go to the local truck stop for an indoor/late night smoke. The waitresses there love us since we help kill the cigarette smell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.