PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I just turned 50. And, not having scoured eBay for a while, I decided to see what was out there. And, like a sign from above (in which I do not believe), my freaking White Whale appears for sale. The very pipe that I just may commit a crime to possess. And I will not be able to afford it.
So, in advance of the end of the auction, and in an Aesop-esque frame of mind, I say, "&#!t, I'd probably break it anyway."
Man, am I depressed.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
If it's something rare and within reason I's dig deep and make it happen or you might be kicking yourself for years over a few (hundred??) bucks. 8O

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Happy B-Day, go for it man it your white whale, which pipe is it, if you want it that bad I for one promise to clear the way for u and not bid on it

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Get it man! Most guys when they turn 50 have a mid-life crisis and go out and buy a Porsche. You're only looking at a pipe.. :wink:

May 4, 2015
Yeah - that'll take a bite outta the bank account.
Sorry this is torturing you. All I can say is, I understand what you're going through.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Sj, Your White Whale is a gorgeous pipe......but considering the maker has passed away.....you only need one kidney.....just saying.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Hopefully, if you didn't win, you at least bid. I've bid on White Whales and have been blown out of the water, but I tried and that takes the sting out of the disappointment. But, maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.