PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Mods, this is NOT political!

I've noticed on watching various Ken Burns documentary dvds and most recently certain current news items that sometimes the White House is shown in the background of the presenter or narrator with its splendid double tier dome yet on other (recent) images there is no dome at all!

Surely there is only one White House so why the missing double dome in some images or film work?

Regards,

Jay

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yep

White House

P20170614JB-0303-2-1024x683.jpg

Capitol Building

6080137063_3e6c91ee8b_o.jpg

Reactions: mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Aha, all is now revealed, White House versus Capitol Building!

Thanks for clearing that one up for me chaps. I now feel a proper bonehead for asking the question in the first place ?

I swear, sometimes this place reminds me of Wikipedia in how quickly questions can be answered....along with pictures too!

Regards,

Jay.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowie and BROBS

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
The Provincial Leg in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada is a very interesting government building!

“reveals the building to be a modern reconstruction of King Solomon’s Temple and the secret traditions of Freemasonry hidden in plain view. Even the building’s most enduring icon, the Golden Boy, is shown to be a disguised effigy in honour of Hermes, the father of occult philosophy and the patron of Freemasonry.”

Status
Not open for further replies.