PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
What a jackass.

Resurrects an old thread, quotes my post (this one won't pick that up, but look above) and inserts a cheap link. Took the time to look and that's all that this idiotic poster ever does - quotes a post, inserts stupid spam and/or scam links for products into the quoted post.

So glad I have a life! I think I'll have a dram.
I've never noticed him until now 🤣

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Disclaimer: I generally have somewhat cheap taste in whiskey/whisky.

A (blended) scotch and club soda was one of my main drinks of choice for a long time. I usually just used Teacher's, Grant's, or JW Red Label. I wouldn't waste good single malt on a mixed drink - maybe one I didn't care much for.
I preferred this drink with scotch as opposed to bourbon, Canadian, or Irish whiskeys. Never cared for selzer mixed with any brown spirits, as it tastes more tart than club soda.

As far as Irish whiskeys, I liked Paddy and would buy that regularly when I drank regularly. I remember Jameson Stout Cask being good, too. Nowadays I usually stick to bourbon on the occasion that I'm craving a dram or two. I like the fact that even cheap bourbons are usually pretty decent.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Red breast is delish. Better than Jameson 12. I get a milk chocolate taste from the latter. Red Breast is an old favorite of mine.
Taste really is subjective. I couldn't stand Red Breast 12. It tasted like play dough to me. Not sure why. Gave the rest of the bottle away to someone I didn't like much.

Reactions: JOHN72

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Well …….. it looked pretty!

Taste of the scotch comes through but it’s like I’m drinking a glass of iced tea with bubbles but I’m not.

If I loved it I’d say so but I don’t. Wife liked it better but she’s a gin and tonic fan. I could drink it but wouldn’t choose to again. At least I’ve got club soda in case I stain something.

I’m a little disappointed but I know I like sipping scotch and that’s how you’ll find me.

Now back to the Irish research!
View attachment 127626
Well add more scotch. It's a nice highball for stuff like black grouse etc. Theres top shelf whisky and mixing whisky. Can't afford to drink top shelf all the time

G

Gimlet

I no longer drink whisky. When I did it was always malt Scotch, usually from the peatier end of the spectrum. I've never liked bourbon and find most Irish whiskeys too sweet.
I could never get on with soda. Seems to completely change the taste for me. I'd either drink them neat or with a splash of still water. Never anything else.

When I had a cold I quite liked a stiff whisky with a dash of hot water in it and a wedge of lemon. Works well with good brandy too but a smokey malt whisky is better.

• Love
Reactions: Laurent and JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I only drink whiskey on Fridays, it is rare that I drink on Saturdays and Sundays. But I drink on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday nights. On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at mid-morning, I only drink whiskey without water, soda or ice. For coffee, a shot of whiskey, but only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Although to be honest, I drink water at three o'clock in the morning. 7OA7.gif

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
When at some friends’ for dinner a few weeks ago I was given some Woodford Reserve - - never drink bourbon, now I will, lol. I thought it was darn good.
I like Woodford Reserve, but the Woodford Reserve Old fashioned from Outback Steakhouse is the reason I have a headache this morning... they're so darn good. Love a good Old Fashioned🥃 And it helped me get through my bout with the 'vid last year (small doses).Screenshot_20231203-075013~2.png

Last edited:

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
For some reason, even within the edit time window, I can't delete a post and start over.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231203-075013~2.png
    Screenshot_20231203-075013~2.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: