Jan 8, 2013
What, no Captain Black Grape?
That's what this guy smokes.
61MbZLO4IuL._UY550_.jpg

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
OK, my 2c, it is not the tobacco but the preparation. Carving up a plug tobacco with your trusty Bowie hunting knife must be the path to manliness!!

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
I'll have to go with twists and ropes. Not for their nicotine content, but rather as these forms were used by sailors in the days of sail where sissies dared not tread.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OK, my 2c, it is not the tobacco but the preparation. Carving up a plug tobacco with your trusty Bowie hunting knife must be the path to manliness!!
Agree. Prep is the key. Biting off a chunk of rope and splintering it with your fingernails might be impressive. Lighting with a kitchen match off your beard (or merkin) —very impressive.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Sable,
I'd offer that it is the smoking of a pipe that is the manly thing. The tobacco within the pipe is simply for the pleasure of he who smokes it.
Cheers,
Chili

Jan 8, 2013
At this very moment, some woman is probably reading this thread while smoking a huge pipe filled with fresh cut uncured tobacco that is just simply dripping with nicotine, thinking, "Silly, silly little boys...."

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
None. I don't feel manly about smoking pipes. That's why I bought this "not-manly" pipe, which is, by my standards, the most beautiful ever made. :lol:
pIh8QrzaOn4.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have smoked straight Perique and Latakia. I have tried several ropes, but didn't enjoy them.
Most of my smoking is in my woodworking shop. Thus, even if I am enjoying a raspberry aromatic, I am surrounded by power tools. I really need to rake out all the woodchips and sawdust on the floor.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Interesting question. I would have to say chewing some brown twist, letting the chewed remains dry out in your hat and then conditioning it by finishing the process by stuffing it down your crotch and then smoking it in a broken clay pipe! :rofl:

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
So what smokes settle any gender identity issues for you, put hair on your chest, or otherwise leave you walking tall with the toilet seat up?
radice_bulldog.jpg

pirate-kake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.