Which Old Joe Krantz blend do you recommend?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2017
I have heard great things and never tried Old Joe Krantz, I didn't realize there was more than one blend available. (MSO has sparked my interest in burley blends). Which one do you prefer? Am I missing any? Is the brown the original? Thanks!! :puffpipe:

Brown- Dark and cube cut Burley with red Virginia ribbon and Perique

Blue- Dark and white cube cut Burley

Red- cube-cut Burley layered with red Virginia, Latakia and Perique

White- white and dark Burley, with a bit of Virginia flake, black Cavendish, and a touch of Perique.

thomasw

Preferred Member
Dec 5, 2016
If you are thinking of the C&D blend OJK, there is only the "brown" one of which I am familiar that contains dark and cube cut burley with red virginia ribbon and perique. I found the others here.

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
I haven't tried the new ones but I can't imagine them being better than the original. OJK is one of my favorites and would buy the original, it's a masterpiece

paulie66scandinavian

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I had me a tine of OL Joe Krantz by C&D , which I was forced to gift to my buddy, while delicious and quality stuff It was,the same time it was such a nic hammer right from the bat,no way I will visit it anytime soon, but oh yes tasty it was.

phantomwolf

Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm going to order the 'white label.' Maybe a little of each. And some of this Orion's Arrow next to it. And a 20% sale on Orlik and Stokkebye bulk.. Why do I think I can get on this forum and not instantly fly into a blind, raging, TAD-fit? haha

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2017
Why do I think I can get on this forum and not instantly fly into a blind, raging, TAD-fit?
8O
I know how you feel. I was going to buy some OJK at the B&M and realized there numerous blends, it caught me off guard. I think I need to start with the brown one. And you can't go wrong with the STokkebye bulk, I love the navy flake and the luxury twist flake!!
the same time it was such a nic hammer right from the bat
I am into that kind of thing.. Ha ha!!

deathmetal

Preferred Member
Jul 21, 2015
The original.
It's glorious.
The newcomers are "boutique OTCs" and probably good, but not great, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.