Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I love Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. Is Hienricks the same stuff? 7oz. For $24 is a deal for the Hienricks. What's the deal with these two flakes?

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
For me it was about the topping. Heinricks leans more toward the Anise flavor where Orlik was more Molasses brown sugar. YMMV.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
What Skraps said.

I liked the orlik better and the price is better.

Idk about the aging though. PH seems to age well and I guess time will tell with the orlik

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I love the new version of the Orlik. It tastes almost exactly as the older version and the molasses flavoring is definitely the same as the older version. The Heinrich's has red virgina's in it so I cannot smoke it. I smoked a 1997 100 gram tin of the Orlik back in 2012 and this new version is going to age just like it in my opinion. I have one 100 gram tin left of the older version and I will smoke it in 2017 so I can try it at the 20 year old mark. I am psyched to smoke it.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks for the info. I ordered 7 oz of Hienricks. Guess I'll find out my favorite between the two. I get molasses and anise with DSK. I

DSK is becoming a sentimental smoke for me. Love this stuff.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
DSK is dark fired and Virginia with an anise topping. Dark fired has a nice cedar note, that I do not get with say C&D Haunted Bookshop. Dark fired is very creamy,

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
How do these differ from a regular burley blend in taste? Because it's burley still right?
DSK has stoved Kentucky which is not just some run of the mill burley. Stoved Kentucky has a much richer flavor than plain old burley. DSK is one of the finest Virginia/Kentucky blends on the market.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I could go either way honestly as I can't really tell the difference. If I were to do a side by side I'm sure I would pick up on the nuances but as for me, I would go for the cheaper of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.