PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billporter

Lurker
Nov 14, 2012
I have several MM cobs that I use from time to time in order to rest my briars. I have two Legends, two Prides, and a Diplomat. For those of you who have smoked a variety of cobs, which do you think smokes the best? Thanks in advance for your replies.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
depends.....
the diplomat for me has the most consistant smoke...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a non-filter Legend and a filtered Diplomat, and they both smoke well. I seem to smoke the

Diplomat a little more, maybe because it is slightly smaller and doesn't require quite the same

commitment of time, though I'm always telling Forums that you don't have to load a big pipe all

the way. I haven't bought a General, because it seems too deep, but if there are General enthusiasts

out there -- and I seem to remember that there are -- I'd be happy to hear, if not follow the lead.

I just bought both my pipes new stems, and changed from black to amber for a change.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
i chuck the filters on my diplomats before the 1st smoke... i can get an hour or so per smoke depending on the 'backy in em.
i have a modifies macaurther.... macarthur bowl with a nosewarmer shank, it is a great smoking pipe, especialy for flakes. i fill it up amnd smoke it while driving...

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I have a legend and a diplomat and both smoke well but I do like the legend a bit more. I've heard some of the best cobs are the country gentleman and the natural series. You might want to get yourself one of the grab bags and try out a variety of cobs.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
My favorite is probably th pony express. Filterless, light and filled up is about a 15-20 minute smoke. It is consistently my go to "I'm doing other things pipe" I got a nice replacement bit for it and I can clench it all day. I have more trouble deciding which tobacco to haul around with me than which pipe.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I like the washingtons myself, thick walled. But i've yet to find a cob that didnt smoke well.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I like the washingtons myself, thick walled. But i've yet to find a cob that didnt smoke well.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
It's important to note that what your smoking is an important factor in how I pipe smokes. I like my virgina foward blends in a small bowl and my biggest bows are for my Latika/English blends.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
+1 what Bob said.
I love every cob I have (mostly the country gentleman). I just can't imagine a better pipe for some tobaccos, like a few aros that I would never smoke in my briars.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I find the Diplomat is perfefct for folding flakes, nice and deep, and taste is great...

Status
Not open for further replies.