PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SmokeClouds

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2019
New York
I like Armagnac, but I will only give the "bottom shelf" recommendation of deLord's as I do not see a lot of Armagnac here in rural Tennessee (go figure). Armagnac is often enjoyed by those that like cognac; I prefer Armagnac and I suspect it has to do with the use of the column still vs. the pot still used to produce cognac. Plus, you can get more age per dollar with Armagnac vs. Cognac. I have read that Scotch drinkers tend to prefer Cognac and Bourbon drinkers tend to prefer Armagnac.

deLord Hors d'Age is a winter-time regular in our house. Simply the best accompaniment to an aged Cuban cigar or bowl of Balkan
Other good Armagnac producers are: chateau de Laubade, Tariquet, Gelas. Exceptional stuff is produced by Laberdolive, Darroze and Domaine de Boigneres. Last three are harder to come by and also more expensive.

Reactions: pantsBoots

SmokeClouds

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2019
New York
They sold to Gallo? Yipes!
And what would be your bourbon choices?
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Blanton’s, Booker’s, Old Grand Dad 114, Wild Turkey Rare Breed or Kentucky Spirit. Those I consider to represent the category well. They are available and reasonably priced. Of course, there are much better or worse offerings out there