Which Blend Do You Wish You Bought More Of Before It Disappeared?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
McClelland for sure, many of them but the formerly common frog on a log is one of my favs. Krumble Kake. Esoterica when it was plentiful, Penzance is a close second to KK for me. Bengal Slices in the rectangular tin before it changed, third place in the clone trilogy of crumble cakes but still special. DPE before Erich retired and his shop closed. Escudo when it was in the smaller round tins. I still have some of each, but...not alot.

64alex

May 10, 2016
Did Revor Plug change lately? Is current production different than what was made a year or two ago? This is the first I’ve heard of this. Thanks.The blend was purchased by some Eastern Europe blender (Polish or Czeck I don't remind) and my understanding it is now pure crap, nothing even remotely close to the original. Synjeco (from which I bought) does not carry any more for this reason.

64alex

May 10, 2016
Did Revor Plug change lately? Is current production different than what was made a year or two ago? This is the first I’ve heard of this. Thanks.
The blend was purchased by some Eastern Europe blender (Polish or Czeck I don't remind) and my understanding it is now pure crap, nothing even remotely close to the original. Synjeco (from which I bought) does not carry any more for this reason.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
The blend was purchased by some Eastern Europe blender (Polish or Czeck I don't remind) and my understanding it is now pure crap, nothing even remotely close to the original. Synjeco (from which I bought) does not carry any more for this reason.
Are you thinking of Condor plug? That's made in Poland. Revor is made for Gawith Hoggarth by STG in Denmark.

64alex

May 10, 2016
Are you thinking of Condor plug? That's made in Poland. Revor is made for Gawith Hoggarth by STG in Denmark.
HHHmmm, I have to double check. I might have confused the Poland story with Condor but I might be pretty sure that when it disappeared from Sinjeco (my source for GH) for a while they put down a message in bold red characters that it was discontinued. If so maybe some places could still carry some residual.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
Too close to Seattle.
The Frog Morton series (like everyone else); especially Across the Pond. I’m not sure if it’s because it was THAT good, or if I’m just nostalgic as it was my on-ramp to English style blends. The marketing didn’t hurt either, the tin-art still evokes a warm feeling.

Margate. So much that it makes me wish I’d not only bought more but explored more of their other offerings aside from Penzance and ASTB.

Syrian Latakia blends, especially the Bohemian Sandal - I’m pretty sure that’s what that candle in the wind song was about.

Gawith Balkan Flake.

I suppose it is a good thing that I never really got into Virginias. But it’s not too late, I’ve rediscovered and old jar of Christmas Cheer circa ‘03 or 4. If it continues to grow on me I might decide to covet that too:)