PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahouston

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2020
Montreal
Hi!

I've never tried any blends with Lakeland essence.
I have a tin of Grousemoor and Kendal Cream from SG in the mail, but the real deal seems to be with G&H, like Ennerdale or BB#2 but I cannot find any in stock online. I live in Canada, if that makes any difference. Anyone know where I can find some? Dying to try this soapy essence.

Thanks

Reactions: BROBS
Sometimes it just takes patience

1. I decided to jump into Lakeland genre around end-July or early-August 2019. I wanted to start with Ennerdale Flake
2. I finally managed to get my hands on Ennerdale in January 2021

Most of the unicorn blends I wanted to try - I have managed to purchase eventually, from licensed retailers

Some of the extinct blends - when curiosity got better of me, I purchased from secondary market

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Used to be that nobody could sell the stuff and it was widely despised.

Then people realized it was freaking awesome stuff and now you can’t find it anywhere and the prices have doubled then tripled.

So it goes....
Glad I bought several pounds of my favorites when it was taboo. rotf

Hi!

I've never tried any blends with Lakeland essence.
I have a tin of Grousemoor and Kendal Cream from SG in the mail, but the real deal seems to be with G&H, like Ennerdale or BB#2 but I cannot find any in stock online. I live in Canada, if that makes any difference. Anyone know where I can find some? Dying to try this soapy essence.

Thanks
Welcome to end times for tobacco users.

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
These blends are pretty easy to find here (UK) so if you can contact someone across the pond you can get it but be aware you will also have to pay the unreasonable taxes that we have on tobacco over here, I stocked up on some No7 broken flake and it costs around £15.29 for 50gms, so US $20.90. Although this is likely to increase again (April is the tax year over here).

I'm not sure how efficient your tax and excise people are either, it's pretty easy for me to send tobacco to America because of some law set up around WW2, unsure of Canadian rules though.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
You can find it if you look hard enough. It's out there, but with recent shortages in the supply line, once they hit the market they are snatched up real quick, with the few blends hanging around for a few more days.

I don't really care for G&H blends, apart from Bobs Chocolate flake which was really great, but have found a substitute that scratches that itch and is ALWAYS in stock.

I say buy what blends are always available because sooner or later they will have the same fate.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
These blends are pretty easy to find here (UK) so if you can contact someone across the pond you can get it but be aware you will also have to pay the unreasonable taxes that we have on tobacco over here, I stocked up on some No7 broken flake and it costs around £15.29 for 50gms, so US $20.90. Although this is likely to increase again (April is the tax year over here).

I'm not sure how efficient your tax and excise people are either, it's pretty easy for me to send tobacco to America because of some law set up around WW2, unsure of Canadian rules though.
+ Royal Mail International Shipping costs aren't that customer friendly no more even within EU, the only more or less reasonable priced option is RM 2 class International which may keep 'decades to arrive in destination country

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
+ Royal Mail International Shipping costs aren't that customer friendly no more even within EU, the only more or less reasonable priced option is RM 2 class International which may keep 'decades to arrive in destination country
True, I usually send a bit of a Xmas gift to my friend in America but it is around £15.00.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What do you mean?
With deeming regulations coming up this year, public opinion of tobacco use becoming more aggressive, and the World Health Organization targeting 2030 for the end of tobacco use, I'd say in 30-50 years people won't even remember what a tobacco pipe was for.

• Sad
Reactions: bent1 and BROBS

ahouston

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2020
Montreal
With deeming regulations coming up this year, public opinion of tobacco use becoming more aggressive, and the World Health Organization targeting 2030 for the end of tobacco use, I'd say in 30-50 years people won't even remember what a tobacco pipe was for.
Wow. You got me near crying with frustration as I looked this up. Time to cellar up.

Taxes in Canada are ridiculous. A tin of tobacco that is usually found in USA for £7.5 is found for $25.5 here.

Anyone willing to help me out? I would Paypal you the money before you ship a few G&H scented tins, of course.

Thanks!

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.