PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Don't worry about it. Lots of great blends out there. I discovered Penzance long before folks decided it was some kind of uber tobacco.I've smoked several tins, over the years,and have a couple more on hand. It's good stuff; I like it; but I'm not going to obsess over finding it.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
I had followed some advice and I called one of my b&m and they do get penzance, but nevertheless they had ran out, she told me that the 8onz bags are even harder to come by but she will let me know when the get a fresh shipment in, she said that it is limit 1 per customer and its 20 bucks a tin and usually they run out in like 2 weeks, what's so funny its that I don't see pipe smokers in Houston, I thought I was the only one, I think its either 1 guy that's buying them all, if so he's got some competition or the pipe smokers here are hiding.

Houston? You guys have a massive pipe club. I ran into a lot of folks from the Houston Pipe Club at the NOLA pipe show. They seem to have a great organization. You don't seem to be the only one.

But kudos on calling the B&M. That's already 90% more effort than most people give. But, there are more B&M's out there. There seems to have been a release of Peacehaven recently (I loaded up on a pound of it last night at regular retail), I expect that there will be another release of Penzance within a month. They have been released more frequently lately. Don't lose hope.

However, I will say that even though I love Penzance, you may be disappointed. If you already have a passion for different types of Balkans and latakia blends, it just might not be what you expect. Or, if you are new to latakias and don't already have favorites among the many, many other latakia blends, it might just blow your mind. It's hard to say. It is a polarizing blend, for sure. I would never tell someone that they are missing out, as there is just as much of a chance that you may not even like it. Hype of this blend is what is mostly driving up demand. And, just as many people report that it doesn't do anything for them. Just look at how many posts have been made about the blend, hype, hype, hype. Even the posts that hate it, actually help to sell it.
Good luck and happy smoke... :puffy:

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
hmmm, perhaps I should check out the pipe clubs here in Houston, thanks for the info, dint know we even have one

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
...she said that it is limit 1 per customer and its 20 bucks a tin and usually they run out in like 2 weeks...
A relative eternity! You did the right thing there. The game is afoot!

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
If you are looking for Penzance online that is somewhat always available (regardless of price), then check out these sites...
http://www.pipestud.com/301/5501.html
or
http://www.4noggins.com/consignment-tins.aspx

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
farmer, got it. I knew I should know what that was, been a while since I heard that phrase lol!

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
If I'm not mistaken deathmetal said you could easily pick it up by it's original name of Mixture No. 79. :crazy: I want to try both, but alas....I'm not that determined.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Stop trying to confuse the new guys. Mixture 79 is a burley blend and nothing like Penzance. I understand the Penzance threads get old but straight out lying to someone new is wrong.
On a different note, there are plenty of blends out there that are similar and just as good like Quiet Nights, Germains Special Latakia Flake and many other English blends. Be patient and Penzance will come, but in the meantime enjoy other blends that are similar.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I know I have seen the prices of some tins, and I am a bit strapped for cash and cannot afford to buy 70 to 90 bucks on tins right now, love the tobacco though and will save some extra cash so I can buy me a bag next time, In the mean time I will try to establish a good relationship with my b&m so that they can help me get some at a more affordable prices.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
If you can catch up with PipesandCigars.com they sell less than 2oz for 19.99. Butt then you could buy some rum and pick up some blending perique.......Come on guys lets say it together1,2,3 and Make some Rum/Per :mrgreen:
Hextor I never thought I'd get any, a chance will pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.