PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I asked the same question. Fortunately, I scored 6 pounds before it got disappeared. Best Balkan I have ever had. The only burley based non - Virginia Balkan I know of. Hopefully Russ will chime in for better or worse if it is still in production or dead.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Joe Lankford is the master blender. The Seattle Pipe Club Blends are, on the whole, very nice. The company can be emailed should one desire to know the retailers. I believe the Tinder Box in Tacoma carries the company's blends.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Pike's Place should be here... 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Pike's Place on TR.com
rVSMbwF.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Is it because you are spelling it with an S ?
Edit-- Nope...That has nothing to do with it.
The blend is indeed in stock still at P&C

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I see what you guys mean now. That's strange, why would it be in stock for one person, but not for another? Is it there or not? Did it ever really exist? Government conspiracy? :?: :crazy: :puffpipe:

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I see it at SPC but not at P&C or on Tobacco reviews."
^^^ Correct

What a shame.

Russ, are you out there????

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
There was an issue having nothing to do with the tobacco, just an issue that needs to be resolved. As soon as it is, it may be available again. Since we are just the distributor, I'm not at liberty to discuss the details.
Russ

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"...it may be available again. Since we are just the distributor, I'm not at liberty to discuss the details."
BTW, it is "Pike Place" not "Pike's Place" and unfortunately it is a place and it is trademarked. So, it appears they refused to have a tobacco blend so named, or someone failed to do some due diligence. Regardless, a "it may be available again" sounds sub-optimal as in, don't hold your breath. Too bad, as it is crazy good.
"The Pike Place Market is a nine-acre Historic District in the heart of downtown Seattle, Washington. The

Market’s landlord and management agency, the Pike Place Market Preservation & Development

Authority (“PDA”), was established by the City of Seattle pursuant to State law and the City’s public

corporation enabling ordinance. The PDA is a non-profit corporation chartered to protect and preserve

the structures, traditional uses, and character of the Market Historical District.

Through years of use and through federal registration, the PDA owns trademark rights to the Pike Place

Market name (and associated names) and the Market’s clock and sign image. The PDA is committed to

enforcing its right to exclusive use of Pike Place Market trademarks. We have an active licensing

program and license some uses when approved by the PDA Council and when a Trademark Licensing

Agreement is in place.

PIKE PLACE MARKET TRADEMARKS INCLUDE:

Word Marks: THE PIKE PLACE MARKET

PIKE PLACE

PIKE PLACE PUBLIC MARKET

PIKE PLACE FARMERS MARKET"
http://pikeplacemarket.org/sites/default/files/paperclip/attachments/696/original/Pike_Place_Market_TM_Guidelines___Application.pdf?1426024650

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Pike Place came in this past month's tobacco of the month club offering. It would be unfortunate if this blend disappeared because of the name. Possibly another Blue Mountain/Balkan Blue situation, but unfortunately due to the FDA regulations I would be surprised if the blend resurfaces under a new name. That would be a shame if that was the case.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"See you created a run on it and now the 8oz tins are gone."
I got four more after reading what Russ had to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.