PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
At home on the deck, in my car only if wife and kid aren't with me and at work. Since I work on a boat you can only smoke outside and I am used to being outside in the cold wind so layer up and light up is my motto.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Whenever possible I smoke outside be it at my house or a coffee shop ect. I have a small shed that has been converted to my workshop/man-cave that I smoke in.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I can smoke anywhere in the house that I please but I almost always gravitate to my balcony overlooking the neighborhood. There I take note of neighbors schedules and sheep-like habits while I ponder exactly what I will do when civilization ceases in just 37 more days. If the bowl I chose is large enough, it is incredible the amount of detailed planning I can accomplish in an hour or so. Sometimes I have a hard time snapping out of this daydream/fantasy, but I always come around when contemplating the next pipe/tobacky combination Then the whole cycle starts over again. If the Mayans were wrong I might have to find a new hobby.

thrax

Lurker
Jun 3, 2011
I smoke in the house and its a large enough space that I'm not too concerned about second hand smoke. This only applied to pipes NOT cigars.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Depends on what I'm smoking. If it's an aero that the fiancé thinks smells nice, I'll smoke in my den/office/homework destruction area.
If it's a bold, flavorful, maybe heavy Lat type blend that the fiancé hates the smell of, then I will smoke in the den/office/homework destruction area...with the fan on. :puffy:
I will soon invest in a Lampe Berger, though, as the brilliant ventilation dynamics I have engineered probably aren't the best way towards longer term post pipe smell.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
In my computer room or outside. Finally getting some cool weather down here and now I'm enjoying taking a pipe with me when I take the dog out for a walk.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
So far I have been invited to a friend's house where we smoke in front of the fireplace and drink our tea. As for my own house I think I will be using the garage during the winter and back yard rest of the year. I am new to this. My wife is very understanding but there are limits. . .

jeff59

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2011
I have my own spot outside the woodshop. Its very secluded. Although outside no one bothers me there. If it is too cold I just go into the shop. pipedisciple, Im curious about your filtration systme.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I'm relegated to either outside in warmer weather or in my basement aka man cave. I'll throw some darts or play a round of pool while smoking my pipe.

Nov 20, 2012
I can't smoke in my house, so I usually smoke in the car. However, there's a creek just north of the town I live in (I still live in PA, though moving to NC at the beginning of Jan) and I enjoy going out there and sitting on one of the boulders that permeate the area and smoke there. I find it's very relaxing to listen to the creek and watch it flow as I puff away. I also recently discovered that smoking a pipe and listening to some Dead Can Dance while driving go together very well and put me in a mindful state.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Since I live in Ontario where any kind of fun is strictly forbidden, I smoke on my balcony.

scottn

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Wow last weekend I did an outside smoke and oh man you guys that smoke outside in the cold are diehards, I could barely concentrate on the smoking.

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
@hfearly I live in Alberta we aren't allowed to have fun here either.
I smoke outside and in my car. I like smoking outside when it is nice, at night I can see the stars, in the day I can hear the neighbourhood and see planes land and take off.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
In my back porch most days. Some evenings I smoke while walking the mutts. At night at work I'm either outside by my car listening to the radio or holed up in the "Officers Club", my rooftop hideout.

Status
Not open for further replies.