SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Where do you purchase the majority of your pipes, tobacco and paraphernalia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I make a pilgrimage to my fine local independent pipe shop several times a year to buy at least bulk tobacco, a tin or two, pipe cleaners, and the occasional pipe. The trouble is, I am an untiring deliberator in buying anything, but certainly pipes, so I have to visit an online site maybe a dozen times or more over weeks or months before I finally decide in many cases. Between this need to think and re-think every purchase, the ease of online shopping is a inescapable, despite the pleasure of a real shop. Further, I am not putting the online retail computer to any discomfort or stress that a living human being might experience watching me examine the pipe wall for the fourteenth time. The owner at the pipe shop once asked me if I saw anything I liked (among the pipes), and I responded that I was looking for something I didn't like.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
95% online. With 120% tobacco taxes in AK its purely a financial decision. Well that and the fact that our B&M has about 1% of the selection that online retailers do (for 2.5x the price).

I try to support the B and M when I can but with only a few blends and overpriced pipes its tough. I mostly buy cigars there just to try to support them.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I throw business at my local B&M but for the most part they just don’t have the selection I’m cellaring.

SPC, tobaccopipes.com, Cup O’ Joes, and Mars Cigar. P&C unfortunately off the list for a bit while they get things turned around. I have confidence they will.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Pipes are purchased exclusively from store fronts. Blends and "stuff", from whomever has what I need. Lighters from mall kiosks, grocery/drug stores, and store front vendors.

I don't need pipes and only shop when in Chicago, London or some such. If I see something I like, it passes inspection, I might buy it.

Reactions: saintpeter

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Cigarbid has the best deals I’ve found for Tins if you’ve got the patience. $4-7. I ordered a stanwell black and White Dublin and a Vermont freehand Morta. Paid about $35 for them. They’re $110 and 140 on pipes and cigars, smoking pipes. But if I want specific items, Those two aforementioned sites. Searching eBay and other places for a freehand I’ve yet to save the $ for. Kids cost a lot.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Here's a new twist: I made a last minute trip to the southern Twin Cities metro today and stopped into a small cigar shop/lounge I have never visited. The guy working told me they stopped selling pipes and most pipe tobaccos recently because the city (Burnsville) passed an ordinance that prohibited pipe smoking in cigar lounges. -???-

All they had were 2 oz bags of four tobaccos: golden Cavendish, black Cavendish, black and gold Cavendish mixed, and "creme cocoa." $9.70 for 2 oz, which is actually cheaper in MN than a 1.5 oz pouch of Captain Black (which can run $15-20). I picked up two bags to keep my aromatics in stock. I'll probably get more next time I'm around.

Status
Not open for further replies.