PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There are a few ladies on here. That very attractive lady @supperthyme and a couple of others I have come across. On the whole it seems this place attracts a mixed bunch of people from all over the world, but when you think about it how many girls do you see rocking a pipe? Mrs Condor smokes cigars when she is very drunk and in that condition sort of becomes Calamity Jane!

mikebjrtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2012
Hurst TX
I think men try to do one thing at a time. We try to do it very well and then we move on to something else. Most women seem to be bored if they don’t have at least ten things going on at the same time all the time. I think that’s why they’re always about 9 steps ahead of me.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In the 9 years I have been here I have seen a number of woman join and then disappear. Many of the guys here fall all over themselves to talk to these woman and it makes them uncomfortable, so they just go away. I honestly don't blame the woman for leaving as I wouldn't want to have to listen to the crap some guys post. Watching 40-60 year old guys try to talk to these woman is pretty pathetic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Women surface on Forums from time to time, and some stay around, at least intermittently, for a few years. Forums members may stereotype ourselves as having a "guy" conversation. We'd probably post a little differently if the presence of women here was about 50%, and the conversation changes when the company is mixed. Some members have wondered if all of the women represented are in fact women; who knows? That being said, my late wife taught at an all-women's college, and from overhearing conversation, not actively eavesdropping, I heard some of the raciest conversation ever; those young women made the general coarse locker room talk sound kind of dull. I even got a dirty phone call from one of the students at about 3 a.m. So women have their own "girl talk," which is just as earthy, or more so than their male counterparts.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I challenge the forum to set a goal of adding two women pipe smokers a month to the membership. Members who stay around for at least a year and add to the conversation. If pipe smoking is to survive, women must be a part of the solution.
What you seem to be suggesting is that those should be women who are comfortable being out as women, here. As has been noted, a neutral name and picture does not tell us much.

Reactions: captainsousie
Jun 9, 2018
England
In the 9 years I have been here I have seen a number of woman join and then disappear. Many of the guys here fall all over themselves to talk to these woman and it makes them uncomfortable, so they just go away. I honestly don't blame the woman for leaving as I wouldn't want to have to listen to the crap some guys post. Watching 40-60 year old guys try to talk to these woman is pretty pathetic.

I've kept this a secret for the last 4 years, but I'm actually a pipe smoking woman and I find Cosmic irresistible...

View attachment 90425

nnnn

View attachment 90424
You really need to tag me in these where you mention my name. I almost missed it. You remind me of an aunt I used to have. She was killed by some farm equipment, but it wasn’t personal. puffy

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
In the mid 00’s, GFO had one solitary female member. She was great, and her steadiness made the rest of the filthy animals act decently. Not because they were walking on eggshells mind you, but because she was part of the crew, and you took care of the crew.
I haven’t seen that dynamic, or her, since. I still have a ton of Krumble Kake she sent me in ‘06.

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just look at the responses to @Cigar Ash Queen in the Dunhill mini churchwarden thread. Not calling you out. (heck, I can't even remember if you responded to those posts) as it is many who responded. Many just want to call out looks..
What's going? What did I miss gentlemen? Just catching up and saw this and I was brought into this conversation

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and PipeIT
Aug 1, 2012
What's going? What did I miss gentlemen? Just catching up and saw this and I was brought into this conversation
Just pointing out an instance where one member of the forum is treated markedly differently due to their gender. That's it.

I'm still jealous of your find there. Those Dunhills are amazingly well preserved.