PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

katarn07

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2016
Last night my wife was found on the couch nursing our baby daughter. She must've been bored. The TV is in the other room, all of our handhelds must've been plugged in, and the only reading material within reach was my newest catalogue from P&C.
She pointed out two pipes she liked that I've had my eye on since I started getting P&C catalogues. A Stanwell Black and White and a Baraccini Light Rustic. These have been added to my want list along with a Big Ben Jade which she also approved of. I have a limited budget and just ordered a Pete Christmas pipe and some various tobacco blends a while back. I'll have to wait. But it's nice to have some of the items on my wishlist approved by my wife.

My wife and I have a blast going to pipe shops, especially when we travel. She also listens to the PM Radio Show with me, and can just hold her own in conversations about different types of tobacco and their qualities without having ever smoked a pipe. Not bad for an ex-tobacco nazi. She has also been known to make comments to other pipe guys who are looking for tobaccos, about wife-friendly room notes. She is quick to point them to pure Virginias. I love that gal, ha ha.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
That's fantastic for both of you. Sounds like you've both got real keepers.
I got yelled at a couple nights ago for smoking Balkan Beauty in the living room and got relegated back to the basement. ha ha
I think she's going to ok the funds for me to buy a Castello canadian with a beautiful ring grain sand blast that I fell in love with in the B&M near my office. WOOHOO! I'm sure it's with the stipulation that I only smoke those "stinky" blends in the basement.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
That's funny. Those are the same two pipes that my wife liked in the new catalog. She loves looking at the pipes and going to shops. She's also started smoking the occasional cigar to join me for my pipe. You can't beat it.

Cliff_K

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2016
Ferron, Utah
It must be something in the air (or those minerals in the water), but my wife just starting picking up cigars to smoke with me when I have a pipe as well. She's also been going through my P&C catalogue, not for me though, but to try to find a pipe she might like for herself.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
We are lucky to have such great wives. There isn't much precedent for this behaviour, and I love it. There's a Big Ben that my wife wants for herself, but she never enjoys the puff she takes from my pipe. It's too warm and open, she seems to like the more restricted draw of the cigar. Meh, I'll not dwell on such a tiny negative.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Some lucky guys! My Shannen will almost certainly never be reformed from her anti-tobacco ways, but one does hope. I know she feels the same about my being pro-tobacco!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Many pipes have been gifted me by my wife, massive Johs freehand and apple, a Sav Hercules Hungarian, a Sav Opera bent bulldog, and others. She has an uncanny ability to find tobacco that suites me tending toward non-aro full strength.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I can't say my wife contributes to my PAD/TAD, but that's okay. She also doesn't discourage it, doesn't begrudge the money I spend on it, and doesn't mind if I smoke in the house as long as I'm near an open window. Which is reasonable; I don't want my house to stink like stale smoke either! She patiently accompanies me to B&Ms, and to second-hand stores shopping for pipe racks. She pays more attention than she has to when I rattle on about pipes and tobacco, which I know in my heart interests her not one whit. All in all, I'd be a fool to complain.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
You are a blessed man. My wife is tobacco tolerant, but I have to smoke in my man cave. She is pretty cool about me smelling smokey, if it is an aro or VA.
We don't discuss the $$.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
My wife contributed
20160903_113601_01.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
My wife is a contributor also. When we go exploring antique malls and flea markets she always points me towards any old pipes she sees and I have picked up several high quality Savinelli's and other Italian pipes from under $20. When it comes time for Christmas, Birthdays, Father's Day and our anniversary, she always asks me if I want to pick out a new pipe for her to wrap.
I don't smoke in the house because she doesn't like the room note of some of what I like but she does like some of the aros. And she does usually put a tin or two of pipe tobacco in my stocking or under the tree for Christmas. So I don't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.