When Was The Last Time You Bought A Blend That Was New To You?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
96 Fresh Peterson Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
9 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Dobie’s Four Square Circles, just arrived. Not like Escudo, or PS LBS. Very different from Davidoff Flake Medallions, which is a favorite. This is smooth and deep, burns evenly, and has a richness I would associate with well aged tobacco. Nicotine is a bit high for me, but this is so good.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Around Christmas. Dunhill Ye Olde Signe and Ready Rubbed. Haven't gotten around to try them yet. I have 12-14 blends on hand that I haven't tried yet. I think 1 in 10 tins I buy is something new.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Peterson Signature Flake and Germain's Special Latakia Flake and that was two weeks ago. I have no idea when I will open the Signature but the SLF came in a pouch already opened and has been sampled. I buy something I have not tried every order along with a few of what I know I like and I tend I order at least once a month. Often twice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not so long, as in, a month or two. Cosmic and jiminks put me onto Daughters and Ryan's Two Timer, which is two twice-toasted burleys. I bought a pound and shared a baggie with a pipe friend with extensive years of experience, who complained it was over-toasted, but I find it a pleasing burley, toasty but tasty to me. My one big success sharing with my friend was thick cut Tabac-Manil Semois, which he immediately liked. Long ago I sent him a few premium tins, among them 1792 ... on which he never commented at all ... I didn't realize at the time what a specialty item it was, nor how polarizing.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
some cat that goes by ‘Embers’ I
Yeah, he's bad about that. There are those of us who try to restrain him, but occasionally we leave town for a few days & everything goes straight to perdition... }:)
Bill

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Last week. D&R's London Dock, Peterson's Perfect Plug and Peterson's Special Reserve 2018.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
Bought two new tins yesterday. HU Tobacco Soraya and Dan Tobacco Rainer Barbi Memorial Blend. The first is a oriental and the last is a aromatic.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Trying new blends all the time. G&H Grasmere, and GLP Navigator to name a couple. I havnt cracked into the Navigator but the Grasmere is excellent.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hmm... some cat that goes by ‘Embers’ I think... ;-)
It used to be "chasingembers", but after several typos that made me sound like the forum stalker, I shortened it. :mrgreen:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Within the last 12 months I've purchased the following that I have not yet tried:
GLP: Haddo's Delight, Triple Play, Quiet Nights

C&D: Haunted Bookshop, Kajun Kake, Night Train, Dreams of Kadath

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake

Bengal Slices

John Cotton's Smyrna

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Bought 4 new ones, 4 blends I haven't had for a while and remembered why.

But one, Lane Ready Rubbed I never had before & will but it again.

Like VAs & am going to get down to 4 blends including 1 aromatic. At my age its enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.