Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with with Paul E. Allen, author of the book, "When Tobacco was King". The book discusses tobacco from 1927 to 1972 in the areas of social history, business, travel stories, and philanthropy based on his father's career in the tobacco industry. He was the President of the Canadian Leaf Tobacco Company, which was the second largest purchaser and processer of tobacco in Canada. In Pipe Parts, Brian will discuss one of the the parts of the tamper, the pick, which is used to help get the leftover ashes out, but you have to be careful with it.

Paul-Allen.jpg

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Paul’s book sounds interesting. I had no idea that tobacco was grown commercially that far north. I learn something every week.

Excellent interview as usual. Brian sets the standard on how to do it right with a wide variety of guests who may or may not be comfortable speaking publicly. This is why I listen every week. Nuff said.

I couldn’t agree more with the rant. While I completely believe that private businesses are entitled to run themselves as they see fit they so often choose to do so in a hypocritical fashion. I’ll vote with my dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.