PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johng99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Lake Havasu City
I have around 50 lbs. in my cellar and am slowing down on purchases. The 50 lbs. is for two smokers, and I don't feel it is excessive. I don't tend to buy tobaccos that are no longer manufactured, or very hard to get, but I have stocked up on some tobaccos whose availability is erratic, like S&G and G&H. I have cellared to ensure availability, both for short term and long term supply. I think there is a lot of uncertainty wrt taxes and restrictive legislation in the US and that too weighs in to my buying decisions.

Reactions: seanv

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
By my estimations, if I just keep smoking as I do now, I can make my 400 lbs cellar last another 20-30 years. And, as smoking is my main past-time, and I am nearing 60, I don't think I will out live my cellar. So, no more buying. Hell, I am not even impressed with how aged tobacco is turning out. I was promised that it was going to improve, and 90% of my cellar is unchanged at all. You'd hope that when you reach a certain level, that there'd be some rewards to all of this. Hell, smokingpipes.com didn't even give me the option of picking a sticker out of the treasure chest.

I'm not about to start telling folks that cellaring this stuff was a marketing ploy to keep a dead pasttime alive. I won't mention that if they hadn't of duped everyone into this cellaring this stuff back in hoards that they'd have all went tits up by now. I won't even mention that I like to check the mailbox while wearing my boxers. But, you didn't hear it from me. puffy
Carter Hall for the win!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.