PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abessa

Lurker
Sep 15, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Bought 6 old pipes for 20€ , well used. Dont want to destroy old carbon coating inside, though in couple of them it seems to be thick .

Attachments

• 20200916_205630.jpg
    20200916_205630.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Abbessa, you have the right attitude. If you are overzealous try can do damage, though you might have a lot of fun until you realize it. Don't take it down into the briar. Be very conservative and cautious. With that attitude, you may do okay. I had an elderly friend whose other friend did him a "favor" by reaming all his pipes ... to death. It happens all the time.

Abessa

Lurker
Sep 15, 2020
Abbessa, you have the right attitude. If you are overzealous try can do damage, though you might have a lot of fun until you realize it. Don't take it down into the briar. Be very conservative and cautious. With that attitude, you may do okay. I had an elderly friend whose other friend did him a "favor" by reaming all his pipes ... to death. It happens all the time.
Thanks, I'll
Thanks, I'll be wary.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I begin to loose some space for packing a flake that is when I pull out my reamer. I use a Senior Reamer as it gives me the best control. I never over ream with it and it does a nice clean job without doing any damage to the bowl. I have been using one for a long time and have never over reamed a pipe yet.

Reactions: Abessa

Abessa

Lurker
Sep 15, 2020
When I begin to loose some space for packing a flake that is when I pull out my reamer. I use a Senior Reamer as it gives me the best control. I never over ream with it and it does a nice clean job without doing any damage to the bowl. I have been using one for a long time and have never over reamed a pipe yet.
TY

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Live and learn, awsome tip. How about the bottom part of the bowl?
If your finger will fit, do like @chasingembers said. I do have a few pipes that are too deep/narrow for my knuckle to fit, so I cut a cylindrical piece of foam that I wrap the sandpaper around if I need to sand any carbon back.
That said, I’ve taken to wiping my chambers out with a paper towel after smoking, and rarely have to mess with reaming/sanding anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.