PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A recent tobacco review thread was closed due to being deemed advertising by its OP. I have posted a few tutorial videos and was considering doing some review videos myself for I feel that just text reviews don't completely convey the poster's reaction to a blend as well as actually seeing them smoking it. So what I would like to know, to the benefit of any future video postings, is when is a video considered advertising, and are tutorial videos not allowed as well.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I don't think it means advertising for the tobacco product as much as it means advertising for your own channel on youtube, or something like that. At least that's how I read it. I know that you don't have advertisers or make money from your videos, but if others did, like say getting paid by companies to review there blends, then you'd be advertising on this forum for your own profit.....I think.....maybe.....if that makes any sense at all.
Edit: And if someone were allowed to do it without making any money from it, you know others that do would be whining about it. I reckon better to quell them all.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I remember clicking on a link here on the forums for a video about packing a pipe with different types of tobacco (I can't remember whose video though). I didn't consider it advertising. I wouldn't mind seeing more video links on the forums as long they're related to the post topic.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I am a touch disappointed I don’t make money out of my small YouTube tobacco reviews indeed this was only the second one I have done.

Anyway if you want to see it type in

E A Carey’s Desert Island Mix.
Would appreciate your views

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm up for people sharing videos of blend reviews. SmokingPipes' "Tasting Notes" series is one of my favorite playlists to put on sit back and enjoy a bowl while watching.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It falls under the Forum Rules here...
"PipesMagazine.com cannot be used just as a means to promote your own web site, blog, YouTube Channel, Facebook Page, or any other outside landing page."
Closing this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.