PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
I’d rather have the eagle coin than Bitcoin, but found this story intriguing nonetheless. If only my crystal ball worked:

View attachment 83716

Almost the exact story I had in mind when I read the title too. LOL

Also, I think there was some Starcraft tourney where 1st place was $500 and 5-8th place was 25 BitCoin each. Wonder where those guys and the 25 BTC each ended up.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
My original reaction as I clicked on the link to this, was: It takes an incredible con man to sell that kind of fraud.

Back in the late '70s, someone told me that at the turn of the 20th century, a $20 gold piece could buy one a Colt's revolver or a first rate off-the-rack suit, and the same gold coin still could do so at the time he was telling me this. I guess the dollar has deprecieated even further against gold since then.

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
The real question is, Ft Knox, empty or legitimately still housing gold? I suspect the prior. Sure they’ve had quite a few “audits” for publicity, but those are nothing more than statesmen looking from a distance at stacks of bars. Can’t touch them, certainly can’t test them. And there are hundreds of vaults in the place.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Raptors (birds of prey) are protected through the roof to prevent population declines. Not just eagles but hawks and owls and all of them. You have to be licensed to do raptor rescue. You cannot own any live wild raptors. There must be some exception for falcons and other trained hunting birds. You can't even own body parts since that implies hunting the birds -- no feathers, no bones, no beaks, no nothing. Fines and jail sentences are attached to these laws.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
The people speculatively buying that specific coin are morons
sure it's one of a kind - but it kind of isn't
I spent many years as a gold dealer and have probably handled hundreds of Libertys, Philharmonics, Krugerrands, and Eagles - That coin is run the mill 'wealthy hobbyist collectors prize' - nothing remarkable about a gold coin
Now a one of a kind Rembrandt or Van Gough maybe

Reactions: DangerStranger
Status
Not open for further replies.