PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Verdant

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2021
Pacific Northwest
Headed overseas and had to choose just four tobaccos to take with me. Here's what I ended up choosing:

G&H Co Coniston Cut Plug
GLP Chelsea Morning (wanted to save my H&H black house)
Escudo
7 Seas Black

Almost subbed 7 seas for Bob's Chocolate Flake, but buddy will be partaking too and not sure whether Bob's would be enjoyable for someone who partakes once every few years.

What would you choose if limited to 4? Maybe a suggestion will make me do a last minute sub. Still considering subbing Salty Dogs or Folklore for Escudo.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
It will probably be different tomorrow, but for tonight I'll say:

- Presbyterian
- C&D Poplar Camp
- D&R 3 Sails
- GH Dark Plug

If I could choose a fifth it would be something aromatic and people friendly like Half&Half, Mixture 79, or Sutliff/SuperValue Bourbon Whiskey.

These are assuming I have to pick from currently available blends and not extinct or homemade blends.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
I'm right there with you! trying to cover a few bases with my choices. VaPer, VaBur, English, Aro. Of course from among my favorites.
And of course, Royal Yacht.

Right now shortlist includes:
- Bayou Veermaster (my 50/50 Bayou morning and Hamborger)
- Deception Pass or Pride of Loch Lomond or The Aperitif
- Three Nuns
- Arrowhead or Fireside Chat or KBV Sakura

and Royal Yacht

maybe St Bruno
maybe a codger pouch (SWR or PA)
and then there's HH Latakia Flake or Lancer's Slices

you sure only 4 is good? puffy

Last edited:

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Unless I was packing for six months or something, I would never travel with four different blends. Because I dedicate pipes to types of blends, that would require too many pipes for a trip. I’d pick one blend, simply choosing from among the tins I currently have open.

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
NOVA
All t
Headed overseas and had to choose just four tobaccos to take with me. Here's what I ended up choosing:

G&H Co Coniston Cut Plug
GLP Chelsea Morning (wanted to save my H&H black house)
Escudo
7 Seas Black

Almost subbed 7 seas for Bob's Chocolate Flake, but buddy will be partaking too and not sure whether Bob's would be enjoyable for someone who partakes once every few years.

What would you choose if limited to 4? Maybe a suggestion will make me do a last minute sub. Still considering subbing Salty Dogs or Folklore for Escudo.
All these sound good, but why do you think Bobs CF would not be enjoyed by a casual smoker?