When a pipe deal goes bad..get a Neerup?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
When you do a deal online and use paypal you have 45 days to file a complaint with the resolution center.
I had a deal go bad when I recently purchased a pipe from a dealer overseas. After more than a month with no delivery the seller would not return my emails or read the messages I sent via a certain forum (not naming any names).

I opened a complaint with the paypal resolution center. Hope it goes well and I am refunded the money. I'll be looking in another direction with those refunded pipe dollars. Maybe a Neerup? Those look like quite stylish pipes for around $100.

What's the word on Neerup pipes?
Just wanted to let you guys know about the 45 day deal in case you ever find yourself in a similar situation.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
002-203-1007.jpg

pretty nice grain on this one
Wish they showed top and bottom view pictures.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011

Those are some of the nicer ones. $174 and $222
A lot of them are around $100.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Peder makes nice pipes. I have some of his made under the Jeppesen name.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Sorry to hear about your bad deal. I hope paypal takes care of it,please let us know how you make out. I like the second one a whole bunch, very striking looking.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
My paypal refund was done in just a few hours. The seller didn't hesitate to make a refund. It was handled very well.
Now the hunt continues. I like that 2nd pipe but I'll search the web for all the neerups to see if I can find one I like better.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
$T2eC16ZHJGQE9noMbZm9BQYplWtuJ!~~60_3.JPG

Not sure of the dating of this Nording or when Neerup worked there.
$T2eC16NHJGoE9nuQeS!-BQYplWy3Cw~~60_3.JPG

interesting stem work

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have two Neerups and I love them both. One is dedicated to W.O. Larsen Vintage Signature Blend

p1040386-600x401.jpg

and the other has such a huge chamber that it smokes for 2+ hours. The draw is open, the drilling is perfect, and they both smoke cool. The large chambered one gurgles a little toward the end of the bowl, but I attribute it to the amount of tobacco it holds. If weren't so focussed on building up my cellar, I'd certainly have more of these fine pipes in my rotation. Hope this helps!
-Jason
P.S.- Moved to Pipe Talk forum.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Hey, Chispa?
I'm assuming this was an eBay transaction, yes?
Be sure and fry this seller. It's mutts like him that give the Bay a bad name.
Best of luck with your new pipe selection, friend. You're off to a great start.
Fnord

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
I have a couple Neerups and they are great smokers. Good quality pipes for the money in my humble opinion.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
No, Fnord the bad deal wasn't an Ebay deal and it was a case of ordering something that was not in stock. I didn't know the pipe I had ordered didn't exist or I may have not made the order. Seller was bad communicating until I sent the message via Paypal and then they handled the refund with great speed and professionalism. Too bad their whole operation wasn't as good. Live and learn.
--

Your lordship, that is a nice lookin pipe and looks every bit a 2 hr smoker. Wow.
I'm liking that Nording, It is Danish enough but still has a sort of classic line to it and the grain... the contrast stain really speaks to me. I also like how the top of the bowl has birdseye and plateau. Stem is kinda funky too.
Classic lines with a little bit of interesting detail.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
They are good smokers , love mine .

I think it would be nice if you did name names ,that would help us stay away from these type of sellers. :puffy:
There is a boycott list on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.