PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I sent my wife a link to a Radice silk cut and told her I wanted it for Father’s Day. I do not believe she purchased it. ?

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I got the yearly present of my dad wishing a better man was his son. This was followed by a couple shots and the happy realization that Ben and Jerry's had reissued Coffee Buzz.
Yeah, I used to get that too. Completely cut me off because I quit their religion. Haven't thought much about it since his passing 20 years ago. He hated that I smoked a pipe too. Oh well...

Aug 1, 2012
Yeah, I used to get that too. Completely cut me off because I quit their religion. Haven't thought much about it since his passing 20 years ago. He hated that I smoked a pipe too. Oh well...
Thanks. The big sin for me is I didn't move in next door to take care of the old house (never mind my other siblings didn't either) and sell off the old business. I was the only kid to come home for Father's Day and subsequently the only kid to hear how disappointing I am.

I'll keep it up as I've got a stupid sense of duty but it doesn't get any easier. At least I have a pint of my favorite "Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz" ice cream to make it worthwhile.

jaxonlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
Butte, Montana, USA
My beloved wife let me pick out a new pipe for Father's Day. She therefore purchased a lovely new Nording Freehand for me. My kid and I spent some great quality time together as well. It was a grand day,overall.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
II have my 18 year old daughter staying with me for a while and she got me a great hat for the sun. She also gave me a card that brought tears to my eyes. It was really one of the best cards I ever received. My 25 year old son came by for a visit and brought another great card. I got phone calls from my 26 year old daughter who is in Virginia at law school and couldn't make the trip back but we talked a long time. We were planning a maybe week trip renting a class A motor home and having some fun. My 30 year old son called and we spoke a couple of times. My caretaker got me a cool pair of shorts and a really nice hand written card. She also made a great dinner with grilled Lamb chops and my sons secret spices that are amazing and some broccoli.
I smoked my pipes all day watched a little golf, played a bunch of music and it was real nice.

It was a really calm and we laughed it up pretty good. My kids are used to my twisted sense of humor and I crack them up pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.