PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Lurker
Dec 19, 2018
Hey fellas ... and ladies.. I thought I would pose the question about whom your favorite on line tobbaco store is , whom have you had the best experiance with , whom has the best prices? I just orderd $60 worth of stuff from "pipes and cigars" I am gonna try a bunch of different tobaccos to see what works for me . I tend to lean toward heat/ flue cured, dark colored, sweeter tobacco . but also want to try some non- aromatic choices .. like Sir walter , and prince albert. also trying a super value blend .. " english mixture" .. my main criteria.. first and formost, is that it does not bite, tastes as good as it smells , is relitivly low nicotien and is inexpensive. NOT looking for poor quality floor swept RYO crap... lol I welcome Ideas and would like to hear what yous are favioring.. there is a lot I do not know about this artful hobbie .. I am willing to learn .. and is why I am here ..

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I shop most of the on-line stores and order from them all. Some have better prices on different items and others carry tobaccos that the others don't. Some have big sales that I can't resist.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Despite a gimpy search engine that has selectively closed out online retailers over time (have to work on that), I find a circuit of about five or six online and brick and mortar retailers who have different inventories that answer different needs. Iwan Ries was my main source for several years; then this shifted to smokingpipes.com; now it is more pipesandcigars, and always i've had the standby of my local independent shop Pipes by George. Tobaccopipes.com and West Virginia Tobacco Shop have pitched in nobly with certain items like U.S. factory pipes. Some great samples and blends have come from Forums members, and two magnificent pipes, so I feel well provisioned.

franbo

Lurker
Dec 21, 2018
South of you in Boston are 2 great brick n mortar stores - Leavitt & Peirce In Harvard Sq. and my favorite, L J Peretti on the Common at Park Street. Peretti’s burley blends are quite good. I went to school there 30 years ago and still get mail order from them although when I visit family I go there regularly as well. As you are coming from cigar smoking, Leaving & Pierce’s Cake Box has a touch of cigar leaf and has been a standard for them since my father’s days.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I've only delt with smokingpipes.com and cupojoes, no problem with either, will probably try 4noggins next time.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I guess my choices are influenced by the fact that it is a 2 1/2 round trip to my only b&m store which has a limited selection of tins. I do hit them up when I'm in the area.

Nov 10, 2018
Smokingpipes.com for me. Always been fair to good on pricing and never had a bad batch from them so far. Also they ship free for the Military which is a big bonus!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
SPC-Logo-NEW.svg

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Tobaccopipes.com is my favorite. Their customer service is unreal. Due to sales and availability, smokingpipes, pecans 4Noggins get a fair amount of my business. They all do an excellent job. P&C would get more of my business if their inventory was more robust. Due to availability, I occasionally buy from some other including Iwan Ries.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Smokingpipes have only placed 2 orders am still new to this will try some the other vendors but both my smokingpipes orders have been correct and shipped quickly the usps getting them to my house in a timely matter is another story

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Smokingpipes charges me tax which usually makes them more expensive than the other on-line stores. I do get pipes from them on occasion. I will pay more for a tin of tobacco at my B&M to help out. Plus they have a bar, indoor smoking, and such.
With on-line orders it is about who has the best prices after tax and shipping cost added together.

Status
Not open for further replies.