New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

S

ScienceSmoker

Almost every pipe smoker I know has an Opinel knife. They're great, I have one too... but not the best for EDC. They're slow to open, and too thin to be a rugged multi-purpose knife, at least in my opinion.
I got a a knife called a Harnds Wind about a year ago just as a cheap little flip open knife, and it's actually been super reliable and useful. I love it.
HarndsWind.jpg

S

ScienceSmoker

The rules vary from state to state. It is illegal in most states to carry a knife.
Queensland allows utility knives eg Swiss Army knives. In your state of WA, it is legal if it is a work necessity eg chefs knives.

I had a cigar cutter consficated at Sydney airport a couple of years ago on the basis that it was a bladed implement ?
That's insane. I guess Australia is nearly as bad as the UK is now. So bizarre.
In the US, it's perfectly legal to carry a folding knife in every single state. In fact, in many areas, you'd be considered fairly incompetent without one.

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
Hey all! I've carried a pocket knife for years and am ready to upgrade to a high quality knife for every day carry and use. I'm leaning heavily towards the Benchmade 940 Osborne or the Emerson CQC-7. My needs are for ordinary knife tasks and as a secondary line of self defense.

What do you carry and why? Looking forward to your thoughts!
I have a quite a few moderns 940 love the Bugout carry it or Spiderco Para3 but my all time favorite maker is the Great Easter Cutlery for production knives simply the best I have ever seen never bought one that where the blade was not perfectly centered had excellent snap and did not cross chickens. But they are not modern knives they are traditionals and take two hands to open but kind of like a pipe maybe that's the point slow down ?