Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Kohlhase and Kopp
Fribourg & Treyer before they were bought out by K&K
Macbaren
STD
Samuel Gawith
Solani
Brigham when R.Will was blending for them he created Klondike Gold and I loved it so I went real deep within a couple of weeks I had 150 plus tins. I was in a battle with Peck after he bought the first hundred before he told me the dick was holding out on me.
Dan Tobacco

Dunhill
Esoterica
GL Pease
John Aylesbury
Wessex
McClelland
Orlik
Peterson
Savinelli
Planta when they used to make some of the Fribourg& Treyer blends. Cut Virginia Plug and Special Brown Flake and I think Vintage Flake, This was I think close to 20 years ago.
Rotary they only made one blend called Rotary Cut and I fell in love right away. I began buying really deep as I figured any brand that had only one blend was going to go by the of of the dodo. I was right and a few years or more ago it was discontinued and I had over 150 tins when it shit the bed.
I have one Mc Clelland blend called Butera Royal Vintage: Dark Stoved. I got the inside info they were going out of business so I grabbed 140 tins.
Escudo with some being 2001,2008 and 2012. I have a lot of those also as I didn't trust them going out either.

All of the above are cellared deep and I don't consider consider anything with less that 20 tins to be cellared somewhat deep. I consider 50 tins a decent amount and 100 tins sellared deep. In my bulk tins I consider 10-14 pounds cellared deep.
For example I have a couple of pounds SG Kendal Plug but it isn't deep.

Well that is the list I came up with that I have a good amount of. I have tried tons more but they didn't stick and I no longer smoke any English blends so all of those brands I didn't count.

I am comfortable with the amount of blends I enjoy. I do not like having any blends in my cellar that I don't smoke through on a fairly regular basis. Some weeks I forget a blend I haven't had for example, I haven't smoke any Hamborger Veermaster in a month so it is time to crack a tin. That is how it usually goes with me. I forget I have something and then I will remember it and then enjoy it for a week or two.

So what you're trying to say is that you don't like pipe tobacco much. :LOL:

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
SG & GH and on this I include also the Synjeco which are made by GH.

For English and Oriental I still say McClelland as I have a stash of them and I am covered even if they closed the operation.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I third that! Those 2 are what I have most in my cellar.
I think a lot of people might overlook Peterson (except the Dunhills) which is nice because they're always in stock. Irish Oak is a solid Va/Per, Balkan Delight is very good, Hyde Park is a good Va/Bur broken flake that used to be made by GH (or SG...not sure which), Irish Flake is a classic, etc.
I'm a little cross with them for abandoning Durbar though.

Status
Not open for further replies.