PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
You can't go to a tobacco site these days without finding fronto leaf everywhere. Does this stuff have any value as pipe tobacco or is this just for guys who want to roll blunts and get high? Anyone try this stuff?

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
It's basically low quality dark air cured tobacco that people use for rolling blunts. If you want to play around with whole leaf, I would recommend you source other tobaccos that are meant for pipe or cigarette.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What brands are you talking about? Which online sites sell this? Are you talking about any bag tobacco sold by the pound? I guess I haven't see the term fronto used.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
What brands are you talking about? Which online sites sell this? Are you talking about any bag tobacco sold by the pound? I guess I haven't see the term fronto used.
It's not a brand, it is more or less just a name for a lower grade cigar leaf. Sold at whole leaf-type tobacco retailers and also widely sold in little pouches at head shops for rolling cannabis cigars or "blunts," as they are commonly referred to, a name that comes from a cheap brand of gas station cigars popularized by 1990s hop hop artists for said purpose.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
so it's a use for low quality leafs. So at least that's good for people that grow the stuff. Or maybe it is. I don't know the market or farming too well. So maybe it's good for them. At least that's a step up from some of the things people used for blunts in the past. So maybe the next party I go to every five or six years will be slightly better smelling :)

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
It must be a money maker because all the leaf sites advertise the hell out of fronto and grabba leaf... which I'd never heard of until I started buying whole leaf. Figures it's about potheads. Tobacco is wicked... unless of course it's somehow related to cannabis culture (and then it's completely fine :ROFLMAO:)

Here's an example. Note that fronto leaf is the first type listed (while lowely pipe tobacco is listed in the catchall junk category "filler leaf").
Wholesale Tobacco | Whole Leaf | Wholeaf.com - https://www.wholeaf.com/wholesale-tobacco/

Last edited: