3 Fresh Askwith Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a question for anyone that cares to answer. I've noticed an reasonably foul aftertaste when I have a pipe. It lasts pretty much the next day - like stale cigarettes - pretty unpleasant as you might imagine. Pipes are my first foray into the field of tobacco so maybe something I'm doing. But any ideas how to stop that? I don't inhale, I do enjoy it when I'm doing it, the smell is amazing obviously! I go as slow as I dare, too. Is it my technique or tobacco, or anything else??

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What exactly are you smoking? Are you drying you tobacco before loading? I'm guessing it's fairly humid in your part of the world.

What exactly are you smoking? Are you drying you tobacco before loading? I'm guessing it's fairly humid in your part of the world.
It doesn't seem to matter really - all the same outcome, but that time it was Peterson's Nightcap. I didn't dry beforehand, as you might have guessed - new to this! Since I've had it in my Chacom pipe sitting outside, taking my time and it wasn't so bad. Could I be rushing things?

Status
Not open for further replies.