PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I only recently took note of these strange pipes, at first I was appalled by them and thought "who would smoke something like that" but lately I've found myself quite intrigued with them. I wish they had a filter system, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with one one day anyway. Any fans of them here? Why do you like them? How well do they smoke with such a strange system?

Sonorisis

Dec 24, 2019
Light weight, comfortable, cool smoke, dry smoke. The body of the pipe is metal, so it will not ghost (assuming it is cleaned) and the bowls can be of different materials and dedicated to particular tobaccos. Inexpensive! If form-following-function is an aesthetic one subscribes to, they are one of the most beautiful tobacco pipes around.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I only recently took note of these strange pipes, at first I was appalled by them and thought "who would smoke something like that" but lately I've found myself quite intrigued with them. I wish they had a filter system, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with one one day anyway. Any fans of them here? Why do you like them? How well do they smoke with such a strange system?
If I had to add anything to the positives offered above it would be that the Falcon pipe is refreshingly unpretentious. I’d rather wear a feathered headress in public than sport some of the ostentatious pipes I’ve seen, but to each his own. When your are young or new to pipes, ”form” trumps (whoops!) “function”. Often, later, things tend to change.

Falcons are great! Here are my "Weird Gadget Pipes"
All of them have been designed to produce a cooler, dryer smoke and they all work as designed, albeit some are a little finicky to use.

From left to right:

Falcon (first 3),
Kirsten Lancer w/Briar Brandy bowl
The Radiator by H. Wiebe
Dunhill (1960) Cavalier Bruyere with an matching Shell bowl (hanging off the back of it.

IMG_4054.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was bothered by the plumbing fixture look, but that is diminished by the available brown stem. I bought mine on sale from Iwan Ries, and since I didn't order the moisture rings, the good folks in Chicago sent me a couple of home made rings of pipe cleaner to get me started, which sort of warmed my heart. It's a sweet little smoker, and for some reason seems to favor Mixture No. 79. They are lightweight, highly portable, and easy to clean.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I really like the couple I have with meerschaum bowls. But, I've chopped them down so they are shorter. I normally leave the two I smoke the most in my truck and they are great for driving and piping.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
Falcons are great! Here are my "Weird Gadget Pipes"
All of them have been designed to produce a cooler, dryer smoke and they all work as designed, albeit some are a little finicky to use.

From left to right:

Falcon (first 3),
Kirsten Lancer w/Briar Brandy bowl
The Radiator by H. Wiebe
Dunhill (1960) Cavalier Bruyere with an matching Shell bowl (hanging off the back of it.

View attachment 42959

VERY cool collection! What's the deal with the 5th from left?

Scottishgaucho

Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
I can't really add to the positive comments posted so far. All I can say is I've been smoking them for many years while climbing hills, fishing for trout,tending the herd on the pampa and when chasing a certain woman....my wife loves to see me smoking a Falcon. They are tough and far easier to replace if you lose it than your beloved briar.
I smoked a bent for many years but I have to say my straight Black Falcon is the bee's knees.

WP-20170427-013.jpg

WP-20200915-016.jpg

VERY cool collection! What's the deal with the 5th from left?

It's a H. Wiebe Radiator pipe.

More info here:

Buy here:

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
It's a H. Wiebe Radiator pipe.

More info here:

Buy here:

How DARE you give me a reason to spend money! So tempted!

Status
Not open for further replies.