PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
A beautiful velvet box has come home.

And you may be wondering...

It's an unsmoked CAO by Ismet Bekler. A beautiful box holding an even better pipe. As soon as I saw this pipe under the light I knew I wanted it. It stood out immediately because of its beautiful marbled meerschaum. I can't wait to start coloring it with a coLoring bowl.

This pipe is flawless, a true work of art. I think you can make out the marbling in this photo.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
California, I don't know much about meers, but that one looks special! (I edited your title).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDhMU5JvMk

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
What's in the box? Such sights.
$_35.JPG

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
I do love my meerschaums...alright, I just love my pipes.
That's a beauty!

I wonder if it is an original or a 'trade mark'?
Pretty sure it's original. This is a late '70's pipe, and the signature is correct with nothing strange about it.
That's a pipe you can consider a family heirloom
I have several meers, and love everyone, they are pipes that I won't get rid of. I hope to enjoy smoking it for as long as you've enjoyed yours!

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Those velvet-covered square boxes, the CAO-in-a-diamond logo, and Bekler's use of that brown-flecked stem material, are all late-1980s and onward. As far as I know, nearly all of CAO's old stock of Beklers, many of them in these boxes rather than shaped cases, were bought by two tobacconists, one of which (Rich's Cigars, Portland, OR) I know still has a lot of them for sale; the other (Iwan Ries, Chicago) I suspect does, but I haven't been there.
That's a stunning simple pipe, and that marbling should mean it'll color incredibly well! You got a great one. Incidentally, the rumor is that, in the 80s and 90s, CAO was buying the top 10% of meerschaum, quality-wise, then re-grading it themselves and giving the top 10% of that to Ismet Bekler.

Status
Not open for further replies.