PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
I'm curious about the names and avatars in the forum. Please explain yours, if they're not obvious.

My name refers to the fact that all my childhood memories of Dad include his pipes, and that I'm now a pipe smoker also. My avatar is just my ugly mug.

And just for fun, I think that any member who doesn't explain his/her name and avatar should be subjected to barbed conjecture.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
When I was in the military, with one of my units it was customary to be given a “nickname” which had to be earned. In my case I was simply given the middle name “Bob” like one of those un-educated redneck fellers due to my bad habit of doing something stupid. Usually involved a “hey y’all, watch this” or “I have an idea, somebody hold my beer”?.
As for the avatar, it’s my hound dog Remington so…….I guess that I am indeed that un-educated redneck feller deep down in spirit?

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
I guess that I am indeed that un-educated redneck feller
Education comes in many forms to the student. My degree says I've engaged in formal learning but can't testify to whether I've had any actual learning. You may or may not have a degree but I doubt you're uneducated.

But I suspect you probably are a redneck. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Rajangan is a tobacco/method of curing in Indonesia. It's shredded before its dried instead of after. It's placed on screens for drying in the sun. I've never had the real thing but I've produced it myself.

My avatar is me because one of the long term members brought it up in a thread once that real photos enhance the community. Also, because my screen name in another forum is ChinaVoodoo because there was a time when I was an acupuncturist and I got tired of people being racist towards me for being Asian when I wasn't.