PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
After a terrible bout with three weeks of bad weather, the char-coaler gets fired up tonight and it's fresh ribeyes over mesquite, rare with charred fat,...lots of fresh cracked pepper, plated with baby red potatoes, halved, steamed and tossed in clarified butter with crushed thyme and rosemary from the garden. Fresh artisan bread toasted over the mesquite with olive oil and 25 year old balsamic.
Served with ice cold glasses of Blue Moon's Spring Blonde Wheat Ale.
I LOVE grillin' weather!! :mrgreen:

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
MY grandpa would call it SUPPER. Dinner is served at noon.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Portobello mushrooms stuffed with polenta topped with Greek Kefalotiri sheeps milk cheese .Greek flat bread . And a bottle of 1992 Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon . The cheese was a gift and I have had the wine since 1992 , before everyone thinks I am rich . Baked pears with Maytag blue cheese and honey for dessert .

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Thank you Tommy imagine it paired with your ribeyes , now that would be decadent . Marty you can have cheese it is low on the GI index . Stuff that chicken breast with some sauted red bell pepper and onion and a bit of good cheese next time and roast the the tomatoes with a drizzle of VOO and a splash of Tommys balsamic vinegar

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
That 25 year old Balsamic was a Christmas gift and it's the best I've ever had. I almost,....almost threw out the 20 year old I have following a taste test.
Marty that old grill was gifted me by a retired Naval Officer who's crew made it for him in 1958. I've been using it almost weekly since 1987. The original zink-chromate paint is still on it. Nothing but charcoal or wood fired,.....and I may have it buried with me. It may be the only thing that my boys fight for in court after I'm gone! :mrgreen:
It ain't much:

100_0821.jpg

100_0820.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Sounds great Tommy! Just reading it makes my mouth water, and I'm not even hungry. But oh boy, like I said in another thread, I think you're suffering from cabin fever. Winter isn't through with you yet!

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Oh God I want to grill so much. Grilling is just such a manly way of making manly food that is more delicious than most anything you get from inside a building.

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
Nice topic....last night was T-Bone, w/a Vidallia onion, BIG spuds on the grill...inside was steamed carrots and a very nice brocholli and olive oil bake'd dish. Tonight, well, a 5 y.o. grand baby and a 6 y.o. grand-niece, we did dogs & burgers..then followed up w/a marshmello roast. Cold beer and now a settle-down w/Irish coffee and a lil smoke!

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Sounds wonderful Fatman...Mets fan huh? I used to go to the games back in the early 60's with my friends grandfather,....he worked for LILCO and had free tickets!

Ahhhh 1969 was a year to die for......

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Home made rotisserie chicken with my patented savory rub, macaroni and cheese, and sweet peas.

• 4 tspn salt

2 tspn paprika

1 tspn onion powder

1 tspn ground thyme

½ tspn garlic powder

¼ tspn white pepper

¼ tspn cayenne pepper

¼ tspn black pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.