PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
With a decision to treat myself special for an upcoming birthday..I ordered my first Peterson last week,....a Smooth Tankard.
I can't wait to see it, let alone break it in!

skipper

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2010
Wow! I missed this thread!

Clay1.jpg

Mine was a clay System one (it was then the cheapest System and I was a typical student without money to spare) bought in 1970. Has survived a lot of mountain climbing, sailing, a wedding, a little son...

It's now wery worn, having lost the glaze in the bottom part of the bowl and shank, has some superficial chips... but I love it!

I usually smoke it with aros, the clay bringing them an earthy flavour I appreciate very much, and it's still a faithful partner in all my sailing.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
The Tankard I had to send it back because it was broke hope to get to smoke it this weekend

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
It was just delivered!!!!!
My first of two this week and hopefully the beginning of a beautiful relationship!
100_0484.jpg

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
For me, the Sherlock Holmes Original Meerschaum caught

my attention. It's a great smoker.

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
My first Peterson was a plain bent-stem meerschaum purchased while on a visit to my parent's home in Savannah, GA. That was in the early 1970s and both mom and dad have gone to their rewards, but the Peterson is still among my best smoking (and best looking) pipes.

funn

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
A Sandblast System that I broke in w/759 balkan Sobranie before I learned how to smoke correctly. Still have it. Reserved for my Syrian latakia blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.