What tobacco is the mildest and most aromatic?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

alonso2

Lurker
Feb 20, 2012
The reason I asked is, I gave up smoking around 40 years ago, but came back to the pipe about a year ago, and I have found that Mac Baren regular blend and Brookfield aromatic to be what I prefere so far, but wanted some other ideas.

I used to smoke cigarettes, cigars and the pipe, but now just like to puff my pipe about three times a day.It is a great way of relaxing, as you all know.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
What's MacBaren regular blend? Mixture?
MIXTURE_tin_screen.jpg

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
My go to tobaccos I go for when I want something a little on the sweeter side are 1Q and McCranie's Somerled.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
I would also add Scotty's Butternut Burley frrom pipesandcigars.com

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Ben Hartwell's Evening Stroll is very aromatic and about as mellow as a sleeping kitten. 1Q will give you a bit more spiciness but it is also quite mild. I'm not a huge fan of Aros but these two are pretty good IMHO.

brownbilliard

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2012
Christmas Cookie or just about any other blend from Boswell. All flavor and practically no vitamin N.

morse

Lurker
Feb 29, 2012
Christmas Cookie or just about any other blend from Boswell
+1 on this. Boswells' Aros are very mild. PA Dutch Treat, Chocolate Cream and Christmas Cookie are favorites of mine

slowpuffer

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2012
Lane's 1Q is the class mild and aromatic tobacco. Unfortunately, it gets a bad rap because some don't feel that it is "distinguished" enough, but it is a great product and has excellent quality. I keep some on hand just because I want the aroma takes me back to being a kid and smelling that distinctive aroma. It smelled so fantastic and is probably the reason I took up the pipe. A lot of pipe smokers out there go through 1Q by the pound and while I don't think I could ever smoke just one tobacco, it holds a special place in my pipe smoking heart.

clunk

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
It has to be Windsor Breeze for me. The aroma reminds me of a spring day in a wild meadow. The wife says it reminds her of a dead hippo.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
+1 on 1Q.
For something a bit different- CAO Eileens Dream. Heavily aromatic, but if smoked slow, is mild.
Molto Dulche by Sutliff does seem to be quite popular.

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
Talk about a zombie thread. The only aromatics I ever get really excited about are Lakelands. That having been said, I've smoked some Autumn Evening lately and enjoyed it well enough. I think part of what keeps me away from aromatics is how wet they often are. Autumn Evening is dry dry C&D style dry, which is good by me. That having been said, I have no idea how mild you could call it. I smoke enough heavy stuff to be a poor judge of mildness.

Status
Not open for further replies.