What tobacco is the mildest and most aromatic?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alonso2

Lurker
Feb 20, 2012
What tobacco would you gents reguard as being both mild and aromatic at the same time. That it to say, Which is your favourite tobacco which has both these qualities?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
This is not an easy question to answer. First of all, what do you consider "mild"? Low nicotine? Low flavor? What types of tobacco do you normally enjoy? Burley? Virginia? Latakia blends?
Remember that what's "mild" for one might not be "mild" for another. The same goes for "aromatic".
What are you smoking now?

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
bigvan is right on the nose. We need your definition of "mild" and of "aromatic". Do you mean something that doesn't smell like tobacco?

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
For a new pipe smoker might I suggest Middleton's Apple, Royal Comfort or Kentucky Club Continental or Smokers Pride Black Cavandish. These are all mild, mildly aromatic and affordable for one to explore IMO. Middleton's Walnut makes for a nice mild english.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Captain Black white. Smells great, aromatic wise. Taste is in the low to very little flavor range which I would consider mild.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Tried some half&half tonight for the first time. Not too bad at all. Nothing exciting there but I believe I shall keep some on hand. Makes a great relaxing smoke. Easy to pack, easy to light, easy to maintain.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
even to the true pipe tobacco expert who has sampled them all, Lane Limited 1Q has got to be in the top 5 of mild aromatics.
Lane Limited BCA (Black Cavendish Aromatic) has my vote too.
And I'll also throw C&D Autumn Evening into the ring.
Good topic, by the way.
and for the sake of clarification, in case you aren't sure alonso2, mild is in reference to taste. Aromatic is in reference to it's "room note" or the smell of the tobacco to those who aren't smoking it, so as not to piss them off with the stench.
there are plenty of mild tasting non-aromatics out there.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Based on what I have experienced and based on comments and reviews, I would suggest two blends:
Buddy's Blend from Milan tobacco
and
Captain Bob's Ship's Mate Blend (available by direct order from C&D).
There are numerous blends that fall into your request, but these two are my favorites based on your request. Both are extremely smooth on your palate with a satisfying room note. At the same time, tobacco flavor is not drowned out by the light aromatic that is so pleasing to those around you.
Rotate your blends so as not to tire your taste buds. Also, rotate your pipes and give them a chance to rest and dry out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.