PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Einstein preferred Revelation, if I have that right, and Stalin liked Royal Yacht. Orson was such a young guy at the height of his fame, and he may not have settled into any one blend. He was so self-dramatizing, I think he would have talked it up, it seems to me.

Reactions: ofafeather

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Einstein preferred Revelation, if I have that right, and Stalin liked Royal Yacht. Orson was such a young guy at the height of his fame, and he may not have settled into any one blend. He was so self-dramatizing, I think he would have talked it up, it seems to me.
my guess would be a little bit of everything. He seems like he'd get bored with one blend.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I didn’t know Well’s was a pipe smoker. I did here him say in an interview he’d polish off a bottle of scotch in an evening, that’s pretty heavy...
He definitely fancied pipes, but it seems that he was more into cigars...

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
Einstein preferred Revelation, if I have that right, and Stalin liked Royal Yacht. Orson was such a young guy at the height of his fame, and he may not have settled into any one blend. He was so self-dramatizing, I think he would have talked it up, it seems to I me.
I thought I read somewhere Stalin smoked leftover cigarette tobacco and leftover cigar tobacco.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
There seem to have quite a few famous guys smoking pipes, with a fair amount of mystique on what may have been in them. SRV I know had Petersons, and possibly others...no clue what blends were in them though.