PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Folks, I need your collective advice. An eBay seller sent a package by USPS to my office address, i.e., a lock box among others in the building mail room. Tracking says it was delivered yesterday. But it's not in my office's lock box. It's possible the postman left it in the wrong lock box for a different business in the same building. Is it also possibile that tracking is wrong and is prematurely indicating delivery? Should I just chalk this up to bad karma?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Folks, I need your collective advice. An eBay seller sent a package by USPS to my office address, i.e., a lock box among others in the building mail room. Tracking says it was delivered yesterday. But it's not in my office's lock box. It's possible the postman left it in the wrong lock box for a different business in the same building. Is it also possibile that tracking is wrong and is prematurely indicating delivery? Should I just chalk this up to bad karma?
either one. Hope your answer involved package in your hand.

Reactions: mingc

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
The seller will say it's not their problem, they sent it. Post Office will say it's not their problem, they delivered it. Go online now and file a missing package report. I have done so twice and amazingly they resolved the issues quickly both times. (Results may vary in December, :mad:)

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Go online now and file a missing package report.

+1

I've had a carrier forget to deliver my package and mark it as delivered at the end of the day when they found it in the truck. It was delivered the next day. I was mildly annoyed but understood they just screwed up and didn't want to "get in trouble". Hopefully, your situation is something simple like that.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The seller will say it's not their problem, they sent it. Post Office will say it's not their problem, they delivered it. Go online now and file a missing package report. I have done so twice and amazingly they resolved the issues quickly both times. (Results may vary in December, :mad:)
Did tracking also tell you that yours were delivered? How were they resolved?

In my case, the items are worth more than the actual dollar value. They were pipes I had been looking for for years and finely found.

• Sad
Reactions: blues4goose

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
+1

I've had a carrier forget to deliver my package and mark it as delivered at the end of the day when they found it in the truck. It was delivered the next day. I was mildly annoyed but understood they just screwed up and didn't want to "get in trouble". Hopefully, your situation is something simple like that.

View attachment 13023
Knock on wood [smack head] ?

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Did tracking also tell you that yours were delivered? How were they resolved?
One was supposedly delivered, but was still on the truck. The second I sent myself. After two days I punched in the tracking numbers and was told the package did not exist. After filing I got two phone calls from the post office in the town sent to. First said number must be wrong. Second call said it had been delivered.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Ok you need to contact your local post office hub and they can do a scan trace on where it was scanned delivered. They will then know if it was actually delivered in your buoy or in the wrong place. It is then on them to get it back to you.

I had this happen. They delivered an expensive pipe to the wrong address. They GPS traced the scan.. found out which house it was delivered to, retrieved it, and redelivered. If the recipient keeps the package I believe it’s mail fraud.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I think it's the concern of the vendor and the carrier. Make your complaint to both and carry on with your life. Oh, make a refund claim or stop payment, whichever is applicable. The seller can claim whatever they desire but they bear the responsibility of getting you the product or a refund. Their fight with the carrier is not your fight.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
+1

View attachment 13023
I’ve had this happen. I was sitting on the porch when the guy came by, I didn’t say anything. He claimed he tried to deliver the package. A Liar on top of being lazy. It’s aggravating, but people do make mistakes. It just pisses me off when they refuse to have a higher standard.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I think it's the concern of the vendor and the carrier. Make your complaint to both and carry on with your life. Oh, make a refund claim or stop payment, whichever is applicable. The seller can claim whatever they desire but they bear the responsibility of getting you the product or a refund. Their fight with the carrier is not your fight.
The seller is the customer to the Post Office. Not the buyer. It is the seller and the Post Offices problem to solve. eBay should be able to intervene, especially if the seller refuses to act on your behalf.

Reactions: mingc and jpmcwjr

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The seller is the customer to the Post Office. Not the buyer. It is the seller and the Post Offices problem to solve. eBay should be able to intervene, especially if the seller refuses to act on your behalf.
The post office won’t see it this way, I apologize but I have dealt with this. In the seller’s eyes it got delivered... how do they know the customer isn’t lying? It’s on the receiver to make the post office prove it was delivered to the correct place as long as the package was addressed correctly.

EBay will consider the package delivered and rule in favor of the seller. Again, how do they know someone isn’t lying?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Brobs: They got away with it in your case. How do they know someone isn't lying? That's what the PO's investigators are for. The customer really has the hammer in these cases. Simply deny payment to the vendor. If the PO can convince you it's not their problem ... then it, of course, is no longer their problem. But, as long as you control the moneys via a reputable credit card company you have the ability to recover your money. And, that's really all you can do. How one does that with eBay or Pay Pal? I've no idea, I have no dealings with either. Me? I simply tell my credit card issuer to refund my moneys and they take it up with the vendor/seller. Works every time, all the time for me. I must admit to shunning most "person to person" sales over the ether as there is little recourse to loss/fraud/etc.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That’s not true. According to the carrier it was delivered so the seller is off the hook.
You personally need to handle it with the local post office if you want your package.
That's exactly how the USPS views and manages those issues. Their responsibility ended when it was delivered. And the reason they sell insurance and guaranteed delivery, etc Most roll the dice and don't get either, then are disappointed. Priority it's ther best way. Most vendors opt for 1st class, which is cheap, but offers zero assurances. I list at 1st class, but offer options.

Status
Not open for further replies.