PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
I received my order from P&C tonight. I now have two new cobs (Great Dane and Missouri Pride) and first briar (in the second photo, Bjarne Viking Classic Red Bent). I received a tin of Nording Hunter Beagle and one oz of H&H Black House. I already have some CBW and 1Q. I don't know what to smoke tonight. That Black House smells very very different and intriguing, and I have not cracked the Beagle yet as I am waiting on my mason jars to be completely dry. I am thinking about keeping my first and up until tonight, only pipe for aromatics. The Great Dane, maybe "english"? The Pride, maybe a flake pipe down the road. Maybe my briar will be for VaPers maybe, like my Beagle? Oh so many choices now...it was so easy with one humble cob and one or two tobacco's...

:rofl:
P1050255-small_zps2edfa43f.jpg

P1050257-small_zps034b18eb.jpg

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
I'm tempted. So you are recommending out in the snow, so I don't piss off the wife because that one smells pretty funky? My whole order smells like it, calendar and all. To my uninitiated nose it smells like exotic leather and spice. I got the slivers out of the stems of the new cobs so they are all good to go. :puffy:

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
well yeah the room note is a little rough. But, mainly I just love blackhouse out in the snow, it's a deep spicy taste, it's good for that kinda waiting on the late train feel. Just putting it in a cob clenched between my teeth with my hat pulled low and my collar pulled high, hands in my pockets feels right. Kinda like an ole timey detective story or something.

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
Nice image, I might just try that on. I have some on a plate drying now, although it seems pretty much right for humidity right out of the bag.
:puffy:

chakaraka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Vernon, BC, Canada
Okay, so I was allowed to stay inside for that one. I did try to hearken images of Sherlock Holmes though. I have never smoked a balkan blend or anything like it. Spicy indeed. It was very new to me and very flavourful. Well I guess the Pride is in the rotation now. I got the Black House in the jar now so I can smell something other than that, should I want to pop my other tin and jar it too.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Black House is the one tobacco my wife complains about smelling in my beard.
Course it's the only Lat blend I'm smoking at the moment. I'm not ready to say what I think about it yet, but I enjoy the first half of the bowl. Reminds me a little bit of an old tome, a night of choices, and the possibility of crushed velvet against skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.