What Should I Expect with This Type of Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I am considering a meerschaum lined Falcon.

I have never owned a Falcon OR a meerschaum lined pipe.

What are y'alls experiences with Falcons and or Meer lined bowls?

Reactions: lightmybriar

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I have a Falcon with a meerschaum lined bowl. It's what I take when I travel. I figure that I can smoke the meerschaum bowl repeatedly until I get home, without having to take other pipes with me.

It smokes wet and the dry rings are a must.

I rarely smoke it when I'm at home. In other words, for me, it's purely a functional object though one that serves its traveling purpose well.

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I have a Falcon with a meerschaum lined bowl. It's what I take when I travel. I figure that I can smoke the meerschaum bowl repeatedly until I get home, without having to take other pipes with me.

It smokes wet and the dry rings are a must.

I rarely smoke it when I'm at home. In other words, for me, it's purely a functional object though one that serves its traveling purpose well.

Do you have a regular meer as well? If so, how does it smoke in comparison?

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I smoke Falcon meer lined bowls and there's not much difference between meer lined and block so far as function. They do smoke aromatic blends very well. Of course this is my opinion and others may differ.

Reactions: lightmybriar

F4RM3R

Nov 28, 2019
Canada
I've found meerschaum lined bowls to smoke wetter than full meerschaum but since it's a falcon moisture won't really be an issue.

Aside from the subtle differences in taste, the meerschaum lined will let you smoke as often as you like with many different blends as it won't ghost much or can be cleaned up easy. It's a pretty solid buy I think.

Guppy

Might Stick Around
Sep 6, 2019
Texas
Falcons are definitely worth a try. I waited years to get my first one, and currently have a bunch. For me they just plain work. I too haven't noticed much difference in block vs. meerschaum lined in terms of smoking quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.