What Music Do You Listen to While Smoking?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Wondering what music (If any) you tend to gravitate to while smoking? A genre perhaps, or maybe individual artists that you enjoy. For instance, I generally listen to Romantic era classical music, but occasionally I will put on some Big Band swing, or an LP of Deanna Durbin on the turntable. If I am smoking a cigar it's generally Dean Martin. (Everyone I know thinks I am "tetched in the haid.")
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9. L.

Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I've been listening to past episodes of the Pipesmagizine podcast. Just catching up on what I missed. Other than that I enjoy Tech N9ne (the #1 independent rapper in the world), most of his label, Rehab, and Kottonmouth Kings. Probably not real popular around the forum, but hey, I like what I like.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I usually end up with bebop or swing jazz, sometimes if the mood strikes it will be classic rock, or classic country.

~Ron

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
I listen to a lot of pod-casts, swing, bluegrass. During Christmas I love putting the heater on in the shop and listening to Christmas music. Here is a curve ball, theater organ. It reminds me of growing up when my dad would smoke his pipe and play the organ.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I did a similar thread a while back. My music is eclectic and depends on mood. I mean, how does one reconcile Bach with Rob Zombie? The past couple of days I've been listening to Loreena McKinnitt. I love modern Celtic. Then again I'll jump back to Led Zeppelin. It's easier to say what I won't listen to: rap, country western, swing, jazz. I just can't get into that kind of stuff.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Crickets, birds...the sound of flowing water over rocks from the stream. I listen to the sounds of nature. Most of the time I enjoy my pipe smoking while outdoors either sitting on the back deck or sitting in the woods or while hiking or fishing. If I am smoking the pipe indoors I'll be watching a movie or while refinishing another pipe!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I envy you fellows who live near the woods. I'm in the 'burbs, where a tree is about as rare as the Great Auk.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Lately it's been some Cannibal Corpse and Emperor. I really enjoy listening to classic Ulver and Lord Belial in the garage when I'm out there smoking.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
I also enjoy to just listen to nature's sounds while sitting on the back deck overlooking the lake. Once in a while I'll put some Van Morrisson or Bob Dylan & enjoy great music.

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Same music rotation as no pipe. From country to dub step... lol I find very few genres I cant listen to, the only thing I really cant do is Beiber and hard core rap.
But as soon as the weather cools off and rabbits are worth getting, only the sound of nature or me making sales calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.