PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
Seeing cigrmaster's post on the 1966 Dunhill got me thinking of the pipe that I'd really like to acquire--a Dunhill from my birth year. That would be my unicorn.
What about you?

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Kentucky Hills and Hollers
Not only my birth year, but it would have to be the right shape. I like 1/2 bent billiards. And maybe one for each of my kids birth years. While I am at it, the year I was married....wow, lots of unicorns come to mind...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This is my dream pipe. Dublins are one of my favorite shapes and this guy does them as well as anyone alive. There is no way I would ever buy one as his prices start at 4K.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/chonowitsch/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=68530

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ok,I will be the guy with the boring answer. My oft-mentioned birth year Brigham fits the bill. It smokes wonderfully, I love its shape, plus it came into my life by chance: it was included in a lot of estates. If I never get another pipe again that just might be alright with me.
uDvrIlf.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
My Unicorn pipe is a 1938 Kaywoodie Cased Meerschaum in the Belge shape. It was the only year they produced that shape and it's my late father's birthyear.
I also have a 1943 Dunhill that is my mother's birthyear.
I have several other birthyear pipes but those are the highlights.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
With Bruce Weaver retired, and over 150 pipes in my closet, PAD, and unicorns are in the past for me.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I don't need another pipe. But I too have two unicorns. The first is a cased Barling companion set in excellent condition. The second is a pipe made by Sixten Ivarsson. Given the cost, it's not likely to happen, but I can dream.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Not really a Unicorn because you can find them occasionally, but I'd love to own a sea urchin pipe from Northern Briars.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
For me it's a unicorn experience and not an actual pipe per se. It is the opportunity to get a unicorn pipe and more importantly be the first one to smoke the first maiden bowel. I love that feeling.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
chasing, when did Bruce retire? I have 2 of his pipes and both are great smokers. How many were you able to accumulate?
2017, he actually didn't charge me for the canted dublin, but wanted to spend more time with his children and grandchildren. I currently have seven.
img_20170701_164418-600x560.jpg

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Kentucky Hills and Hollers
This is a unicorn for me, but I think I might actually succeed one day. You see, I am from Royal Oak, the same town that Malaga Pipes were made. I remember driving by the shop all the time as a I was growing up. If I could find the right pipe in the right condition....

Status
Not open for further replies.