PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
Theres a spot in the woods in my hometown I like. its off the beaten path, rather high up and secluded. I can watch people going past and hear the silence.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Ideally, it would be that secluded and quite deserted island that I've had my eye on for decades. But for now, it would have to be the porch in the early morning with a good cup of coffee and a pipeful.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
You know, We are all wrong!!! It just do'nt mater. I was just out on the deck with a old cob and it hit me, Do'nt matter What pipe what tobacco or how much You spend or Your back ground, It's all good or WE ALL would'nt be on this WEB, would WE? It's all about us THE family. SMOKE ON bros and sis. SMOKE ON It's our life and WE need to live it. Come and smoke with Me anytime got over 6 acers of land YOU can all come anytime just need Your pipe I just have 4. LOVE ALL Rod (ace57)

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I was just tinking about something, We should start a new club. We could call it something like PIPERS ACROSS THE WORLD or somthing like that, and if WE should happen to be asked to come to some doings when thay are all waiting to hear some good sounds WE all show up with our best pipes and start smoking, think WE would be asked back? I play 5 insterments and played in alot of bands, that's how I came up with this. Let Me know what You all think. Pros and cons. Rod (ace57)

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Ideally, it would be that secluded and quite deserted island that I've had my eye on for decades.
I want the island next door...you know, the one 160 nautical miles away. Ah, the quiet.
As it is though, anywhere I am, anytime I decide that it's time for a smoke, is the perfect time. In the words of the great sage Buckaroo Banzai,

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Ideally it would be in the British Virgin Islands on Anegada, specifically on Loblolly Beach(my favorite place in the world)

smph_loblollybeach_a.gif

bvi036.jpg

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
anywhere I can relax and its not too windy. for me smoking outside is a marital requirement.
I really enjoy sitting on my deck, or my father-in-laws deck.
my all time favorite though is in a lawn chair perched on the dam of the pond at my childhood home. last summer I went out there to catch some catfish and talk with a wiser man. Hot as hell out, he smoked a couple A.Fuente Hemingways, and I smoked 2 bowls of 1Q. Dont think we even put a line in the water. I drove home with a grin so big it hurt.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
that sounds so great Jay H. you're lucky to have the experience!
To the guys and gals who mentioned the desert island... I spend most of my working life on desert islands, they ain't all they are cracked up to be!!! (civilization kicks their butt!!)
For me it would be a comfortable large high cieling room with a fire place, sort of stereotypical gentleman's club type setting. Comfortable arm chairs, good conversation if you were so inclined, privacy and a paper if you didn't, drinks service, the whole wood paneling and leather bound books kind of vibe, minus the pretentious people. i'd love to create that setting somehow... who knows maybe when i get off the ocean!!

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
banjo, tronbone, 6string guitar,drums,and harmonica. hobie1dog. thanks for asken. ace57

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
7am, in the fall, on my deck, cool breeze, strong black coffee, with my English Bulldog Duke lying at my feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.