What is your 'go to' night time tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Celebrating just over a year in the hobby, I find outside of weekends, my time to smoke most often is at night. More often than not, I find my favorite blends at night are two from Sutliff, "Maple Street" and "Molto Dolce". Being true to the spirit of 'go to' tobacco, I can only pick one that that would Molto Dolce. I find it has a little broader flavor palette than Maple Street and yet still gives me a mild, creamy, 'sweet treat' before I head off to bed. It also doesn't pack a vitamin N punch that I have found keeps me up like a cup of coffee would.
For reference, when I am smoking in the morning or during the day, I enjoy everything from cubed burley (in a cob), the signature house blend "Arrowhead Club Mixture" (Paul's Pipe in Flint, MI in a 'basket pipe' briar) to Frog Morton OTB (Peterson churchwarden)
So the question at hand, "What is your 'go to' night time tobacco" and why?

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I tend to smoke whatever I'm in the mood for at any given time. That makes it kind of hard to nail down a specific night time smoke. This also makes me question my judgement sometimes as I once did the morning heavy traffic commute puffing on a bowl of G&H Kendal Kentucky on an empty stomach.
If anything I do tend to gravitate towards the more robust stuff in the late evenings. A good flake or a heavy lat bomb type blend. Larry's Blend, Pirate Kake, or Da Vinci are always good choices.

latbomber

May 10, 2013
I usually only smoke at night, so all of my blends are night blends lol.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
If I've been puffing for most or all of the day I tend to move toward a fuller, bolder smoking mixture and that usually means Nightcap. Last night I was up late and smoked 2 bowls while reading. If it's not such a day where I've had 2-3 bowls I might end it with Squadron Leader or one of my new favorites, Sutliff Balkan Luxury 957. A little milder nic hit with a sweet, creamy taste.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Don't have a preset agenda. Will smoke what I fancy when I fancy. That being said, I tend to smoke my fuller tobaccos at night.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
It was either MM 965 or Nightcap a few months ago, though as of late, it's been Old Dark Fired or G&H's Brown Flake Unscented.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I always end up smoking either Dunhill MM 965 or Mac Baren Plumcake at night. Something about those blends is just perfect for sitting on the balcony with a cool breeze looking up at the stars.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Most of the time it's Irish Flake. At times it could be Haddo Dwlight or Triple Play, I like fullnes and body at the end of the day.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Nightcap indubitably, or usually any latakia heavy blend. Newminister English oriental, or a strong Va with plenty of nicotine. Usually in the summer though I tend to gravitate towards Va's and let my lat blends age. I also enjoy Newminister English Luxus as well for a nighttime smoke. Also definitely Billy Budd is a good end to a day.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I haven't such a wide selection available where I live, so I tend to just smoke whatever I'm in the mood for. That said I only have three blends to choose, so all three are my "go to" blends.
Irish Oak

Exclusiv Royal

Irish Oak, Exclusiv Royal and Cigar Leaf in equal parts. (My personal favorite anytime!)

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Usually I try not to smoke any heavy English. I usually smoke Butternut Burely (P&C bulk) or Nightcap as it doesn't leave a heavy smell as I smoke indoors a night.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
As someone else said, all my smoking is at night so all my blends are de-facto night blends. I'm currently down to four blends total: Royal Yacht with a little black cav mixed in, Nightcap, Erik Stokkebye 1931 flake, and Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls. As to which one I choose it depends a lot on how soon after dinner. Right after eating I tend to prefer Nightcap or DNR, as they are the least aromatized. Later in the evening I can smoke the more fragrant blends.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My night time line up consists of the following blends.
Mac Baren ODF

Peterson University Flake

Esoterica Stonehaven

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake

Peterson Perfect Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.